Best rabbit cartridge

Ryan gun

Guest cookoff013

i`ve used 2,4,6, shotsizes, i really prefer the 4s but will consider 5s in a 30gram.

the 2s were silly, but really did the job on some tough targets.

I like to use either 30 or 32g loads of 6 shot. This load gives me reasonable results as a "general all round cartridge" for Rabbits, Pigeons, Crows, Maggies, etc: and saves carrying around an assortment of cartridges of differing loads to suit "differing quarries" that might arise on a rough shooting trip!

I do have a cartridge carrier strapped to the butt of my O/U with 6 cartridges loaded with much heavier shot and load in case "Charlie" shows his face!

I was using #5 32g a this is what i bought to shoot on my game drives. but I then went and bought a some 32g #6 and some 30g #6 and I have found they all will do the job on rabbits and the birds I found I was shooting better with the 30-32g #6

To be fair i have always found they die well with anything i put through the 12, for the very best results i should use a lightish load of 6's. Best to try a few for pattern in your gun /choke at the ranges you personally shoot at for the "best" results