Ferret courts

lurcherboy

Hi,

LB, I have just gone and taken these photos on my mobile of the ferret cub and court and how they are connected. Please excuse the ferrety posers. :lol:

ferretacomadation005.jpg

In the background you can see the cub and court. :lol: Please excuse the table but I couldn't be bothered to move it. :huh:

ferretacomadation003.jpg

The ferret cub. To the left there is a compartment with a seperate removable nestbox and then in the next compartment there is the ferret hammock. (popular on hot days when the nestbox is too hot) Then is the food compartment and the next compartment one of the litter trays. Also to the side of the litter tray there is a tube for the ferrets to get to the court. Note Nippy stretching and yawning on the cage. :lol:

ferretacomadation004.jpg

The ferret court. At the end of it under the old table there is another litter tray. I also have a water bowl in the court as well and although I have a drinking bottle for them they prefer to drink out of a bowl. They have piping and tubes to play with as well as balls and branches to climb. There is a ladder to get on the table. You can see to the left and above of the stone arc (it is the thing that goes along the top of the roof on a house) the tube that they go through to get in the court. At the front right of the court you can see the door to access the court. :lol:

ferretacomadation001.jpg

This is the en suite ferret hammock next to the nest box with Nippy under it drinking and Grace drinking from the hammock (ultimate lazyness) :lol: and Echo looking tired in the hammock. :lol:

ferretacomadation002.jpg

This is the tube that connects the cub to the court.

Hope this helps. :D Ask if you want to know anymore. :lol:

FM :lol:

Edited by Ferret Master

Hi,

Nippy and Echo I took ferreting with Jordan and Echo bolted 2 but Nippy blanked. :/

About a month ago I took them out ferreting with my Dad, me, my mate, my brother and the boy next door to where we were ferreting helped as well. :lol: Our merry rabble managed to get a few as well! :lol:

The first bury nothing bolted and despite the signs outside the holes there were no signs of life. The next small bury Echo showed signs of having been on a rabbit but nothing bolted. The next bury was only small and we entered Nippy who after a couple of minutes bolted her and our first rabbit into the purse net. :huh: Next bury was a larger 10 holer and almost immediatly after entering the untried Grace she bolted 2 rabbits which were netted. :lol: We then entered Grace again in a smaller bury right next to it and she bolted another rabbit but my Dad only walked over to the netted coney and it kicked it's way out of the net and ran off. :lol: For the final bury it was round an old bus shelter we netted all the holes up while my little brother took cover in the bus because it was raining. We entered Grace again and after 10 mins we got a reading on the ferret finder 3 and a half foot down under the roots of an ex Elm. My Dad started digging and broke through after about 20 mins as he had to negotiate some difficult roots. When he broke through Grace stuck her head out blinked in the light and went back into the tunnel. My Dad stuck his hand in and instead of the ferret he plucked out a rabbit. He then put his hand in again and drew out another rabbit. Finally he plucked a very pleased with herself Grace out. :lol::lol:

NTTF, the front stays open all year but they have a very snug nestbox to go in. The flooring in the court is made out of decking.

Here is a photo at the end of the day. :lol:

FerretingattheRidge001.jpg

I'm the one in a green cap and realtree coat. :lol:

FM :D

Hi,

My uncle made the cub but my Dad made the court and adustments to the cub. PM me if you want more details on building the court. :unsure:

FM :blink:

ive seen a good one at eagle heights near dartford it was hexagonal shaped with about four levels. :good:

FM you have a PM

Patsmash, what or where is Eagle Heights mate?

LB

LB,

If you need a hand with anything carpentry related I know a guy who is fairly handy with woodwork.

Just give us a shout.

Cheers

Martin

Martin, I know I am going to regret this, nut I have decided to build it myself :blush:

I can re-build anything mechanical but natural materials scare me like timber for example :good::ermm:

Cheers mate.

LB

• 5 weeks later...