Nearly 200 on rape stubble

proTOM1

Headed out to some rape stubble ive let the birds build up on for over a week ,arrived at 12 and was setup for 12.30 in the middle of 1 of 3 fields was straight in to action and things never really slowed even tho the was hundreds piling in to the the other 2 fields .

Farmer popped over to see how i was getting on and was shocked the birds were playing ball with the hide sticking out so much .

Had 3 triples and 6 doubles ,missed some right sitters but shot some long crossers towards the end .

Packed up at 7pm and picked 119 woodies and 71 ferals lost another 10 and shot off 400 shells which is ok but should of done better but had a few bad spells :blush:

2 pics of the bag with 1 showing the hide in the open :good:

post-12734-0-63217500-1313442763.jpg

post-12734-0-18739000-1313442797.jpg

sounds like a good day

i would be happy with that ratio!

the hide wont bother them, is the movement inside that bothers them (not saying you didnt already know that!), you obviously sit very still!

well done!

excellent Tom. Set my hide up the same way last year, bang in the middle of a spud field. same result. birds didn't mind at all. The most important thing was that we were right under the flightline. going out on friday/sat this week for my first day of the year. can't wait, if I get half that bag I'll be chuffed.

Great shooting never set up my hide like that before, will deffo try it out :good:

Go for it ,it works fine like what is always said on here shoot where the pigeons are feeding and not where you want them too .As you can see its all green netting aswell ,i used 2 stealth nets and 2 old othere nets and had woodies landing yards from the hide :yes::good:

excellent Tom. Set my hide up the same way last year, bang in the middle of a spud field. same result. birds didn't mind at all. The most important thing was that we were right under the flightline. going out on friday/sat this week for my first day of the year. can't wait, if I get half that bag I'll be chuffed.

Yes it works if your were the birds fly over or want to be :yes: good luck :good:

Exellent shooting Tom, well done, nice shot of the hide set up, did you set up to shoot 360 or just in front depending on wind direction?

Regards

Maxwell

The view of the hide in the pic is off the back ,i shot mainly infront of me as thats were the birds came from but was shooting all over at the ferals as farmer keen for them to be shot as well over 1000 hitting the field could of shot more but will be out thursday at them :good: