Would you buy a bettinsoli

gemini52

I picked up a second hand bettinsoli diamond line over under as a second gun, i have a browning maxus hunter so just want a change now and again, paid 450 for it from a guy in mold, used it a couple of times and it was miss firing on the top barrel took it to a gun smith at sealand shooting school he reckons its a common fault with them, any way 60 quid lighter, used it last week and shot like a dream didnt miss much which is a bonus, so any one wanting a cheap starter gun they fit the bill very well you can pick them up new for a good price i have bought new brownings, berettas, wincesters, they dont shoot any better happy days

I had one same problem. It went back and it was fixed. Then it completely screwed up again. Didn't open! They replaced it for another one! That one then started double discharging so took it back. Refused it and said I wasn't happy! They sold me a beretta at trade price. I see spending the extra money is more of an investment which I could sell now after a year for nearly what I paid for it! A quote I heard on here sums it up: "buy cheap buy twice" cheers Tom

So far I couldn't be happier with mine had it just over a year, mine is the Silver line. It has nice wood and engraving. A couple of times I have come to trade it in for a supposed better gun and found they didn't fit me as well the Browning and Beretta etc. Think I will be keeping this one for good. Might even get it serviced soon :good:

No - I would not buy a Bettinsoli. They are cheap and made to look more expensive than than they

actually are, which is probably where they are going wrong. The time and money should be spent on

the parts that make them fit for purpose which often they are not. The decorative top lever for

example - unecessary waste of money. I have seen many of these guns and liked none. A friend

bought one and waxed lyrical abought the lovely finish on the action - until it peeled off.

Bit like an MG, I do love my overland but would I recommend it to a friend, no, and the reason being the known common faults, my sporter has been in repair more that it has been in the field since purchase in 2009 and my overland suffers misfiring issues every 20/30 cartridges with what looks like a light strike on the primer cap.

i have had 3 bettinsolis,none of them missed a beat,would i buy another???? yes of course i would. i hate the way some folk looks down their nose at cheaper gun users. folk have to buy guns in their budget.yes i would recccomend folk to buy a betty second hand cause they will lose money when they sell again.if bought at reasonable money they are ok.i used them as rough guns and clays the odd time. did n`t want to scrape the beretta on a thorn hedge lol.on a different note,i know plenty of blokes with cynergy shotguns that hang fire on the top barrel so not just cheap guns suffer the odd miss

Nobody is looking down their nose at users of cheaper guns.

What was your first gun?

Mine was a hand me down double 'some make' SBS and weighed 8 1/2 lbs.

I had many happy hours with that gun.

Now, just like others I suspect, we like different guns - stop feeding the chip on your shoulder.

i had a betty o/u, i liked it alot, didnt cost many pennys and when pointed in the right direction it did the job.

i sold it to pay for other toys and regretted it.

good gun that didnt mind getting scratched..

BUT.... if i was looking for an o/u now i would go for a lanber or baikal

I have a Diamond, a friend has a Diamond X, his has been perfect, mine had in the past had white grease sprayed over the workings which had thickened to the point of near solidity. It has in the past occasionally failed to fire the second barrel.

Since being cleaned and regreased though, it hasn't misfired once. It used to be maybe one shot in 50, it's had several hundred carts through it since and been perfect. I like mine, it fits me really well.

Nobody is looking down their nose at users of cheaper guns.

What was your first gun?

Mine was a hand me down double 'some make' SBS and weighed 8 1/2 lbs.

I had many happy hours with that gun.

Now, just like others I suspect, we like different guns - stop feeding the chip on your shoulder.

hi first gun i bought was a rizziny paid 100 quid had it six months, sold it for 150 the guy was made up. yes i like to shoot different guns its all part of the fun i have a remington pump i use on clays, it does get some strange looks, and no i dont carry a chip had more fun using the bet then other much more expensive guns i have owned

I know a guy who bought a 20g betti about 2 or 3 years ago after shooting a Silver pigeon for nearly 5 years before it and he swears he won't go back to shooting and I quote "an over priced piece of italian ****!" He loves his but just doesn't realise were it comes from!!

Would i buy a Bettinsoli before i would every have a Lincoln again, had a Lincoln No2 12g and will have to say about the most poorly made gun i have ever hanbdled!!, Beti's are ok but must adnit if i was for picking 1 gun to do all it would have to be a BaiKail!!

I have put thousands of cartridges through mine without a hiccup - I know a few people with Brownings and Berettas that can't say the same. These machine made guns are all going to perform and shoot pretty much the same. You may be unlucky and get a bad one from any manufacturer. If you are lucky enough to find a second hand Bettinsoli that you know is reliable I don't recon you will go far wrong.