Landrover confirms Defender replacement

ajb403

They have said that it is only a 'work in progress' concept rather than an exact visualisation of what will be. It's going to be another 4 years until it actually comes out and we all know how things change from concept to reality. I don't envy their job, remaking one of the most iconic cars ever. Whatever happens there will be a large critical voice I am sure, but there always is when change happens. As long as it does not turn chavvy like the Range Rover and Disco have.

Whilst I appreciate that it's merely a design concept, I struggle to see why they'd shift much further from that design if they're already showing it off... As above, it looks like a mini. I can't see a single area which can be unscrewed and replaced.

I hope those battery compartments are waterproof :rolleyes:

Edited by Billy.

Oh dear. I'm lost for words!

I think the best thing Land Rover can do is wave goodbye to an icon and move on. You can't call that a Defender. The Defender has reached it's end - why not just accept that and move on, leaving behind an icon that will always be remembered?

That thing should be called the Postemup - piece of **** that europe made us produce. :yes:

Ah, the Santana! I'd not even thought about the leaf sprung Defender/series type thing that they make. I wonder how easy it will be to get hold of one once these new rules fall into place. If it's anything like getting a Defender in the States then it may not be that simple?!

It just looks like a modern city car in the small 4x4 bracket. Definately not in the least bit agricultural and definatly not like to be a direct replacement on farms etc ! And I cant imagine it being half the vehicle off road that the defender is ! Its also unlikely to be able to be worked on at home so to speak ! I think landrover will loose alot of farming / agricultural business from this ! They should of stuck to KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)

I would imagine the likes of Toyota and Nissan will take over or people will buy older disco`s !

A sad day for sure !

My dad will be turning in his grave he had a defender from day one and would not touch anything else he had LR in his blood i think its an insult to the old defender its basicly a beefier freelander type thing and would not last 5 mins before it broke got stuck etc probably would not tow anything so how can it be a replacement arnt they suppose to be better than the models before?

My dad will be turning in his grave he had a defender from day one and would not touch anything else he had LR in his blood i think its an insult to the old defender its basicly a beefier freelander type thing and would not last 5 mins before it broke got stuck etc probably would not tow anything so how can it be a replacement arnt they suppose to be better than the models before?

I assume they would be using a similar drive-train and chassis to the normal defender?

Just upgrading [cough] the body and style?