Hide net clamps

Paul61

Saw these in Tesco, Brilliant for holding nets to poles and branches. The yellow plastic jaws clip off and I secure the net to the top of the pole with the clamp and wedge a bit of grass, straw twig etc in there. £1.00 for a set of 4 clamps

They also do an extendable washing line pole that if I could source a spike would be a great net pole, bit heavier and taller than the "proper" hide poles but the clamping ferrule and top is exactly the same as the proper poles.

Anyone else got any good little buys like this?

I tried to put a picture on. Anyone know how you add upload directly?

Still don't know how to upload directly but found a picture on the web

60350.jpg

and the write up

4pc Spring Clamp Set (90mm)

Edited by Paul61

how would you get them poles from wilkos in the ground though?

i thought that once id bought them. i took one half pole, and hammered it into the ground. slowly pull it back out, and then just slide a whole one in. it works for me.

Saw these in Tesco, Brilliant for holding nets to poles and branches. The yellow plastic jaws clip off and I secure the net to the top of the pole with the clamp and wedge a bit of grass, straw twig etc in there.

They also do an extendable washing line pole that if I could source a spike would be a great net pole, bit heavier and taller than the "proper" hide poles but the clamping ferrule and top is exactly the same as the proper poles.

Anyone else got any good little buys like this?

I tried to put a picture on. Anyone know how you add upload directly?

i used washing line poles x 4 in green from ASDA 3.50 each, shortened the down (telescopic) drilled 2 holes in bottom length and bolted on some angle iron with a point. cost of angle iron 4.00 foe 1mtr, & a pack of bolts 3.00 (total 10.50 & solid as a rock)

Went to Tescos in Diss, Norfolk.

Couldn't find any of the clamps. What section are they under? What are they sold as?

Tried to describe them to lady store worker but she had never heard of anything like them - Well she is from Norfolk.

Only a relatively small store so maybe they didn't have them in stock.

Couldn't find any of the clamps. What section are they under? What are they sold as?

Tried to describe them to lady store worker but she had never heard of anything like them - Well she is from Norfolk.

Tesco in Diss have them on occasion when they do cheap lines, usually on the end of the aisle as you go in.

Cheapo shop opposite the Mere's mouth will probably have them...that's where I got my twist-lock extending linen posts (hide poles) for £3.50 each! :good:

Eric.

Just seen this on mentioned auction site could be useful if u dont want the hassle of making ur own. In the end will probably cost more than a set but if u just wanted to replace 1/2 cud be ok with a cheap pole from tesco or something.

item number

James

There at the end of the Isles, near the tool / DIY bit think it is only in the bigger stores