Clays

bobby dazzler

I guess you are trying to 'benchmark' your own scores?

A typical club shoot average will be 60-70%,good shots will be 70-80%,excellent shots 80-90% the best 90% +.If you went to premium grounds/competitions ie Hodnet/Southdown/RBSS classic opens etc..then 10% worse scores...

If you shoot 4 times a year dont expect to improve,if you shoot at least once a month and have lesson 2 scores ,certainly when starting out should improve quickly!

Look at CPSA www if you want to see more about averages/classifications etc...personally am not CPSA just shoot for fun,although take it half seriously whilst shooting...

atb

If I am honest and I never am I would say between 50 - 70% depending on how I am feeling on the day, seem to have better days in really windy weather for some reason and never do well on the right to left, think it is something to do with the earths rotation,,, :lol:

thats fantastic that is :good: will deffo have to remember that one

As has been said, I think it largely depends on how often you shoot, how long you've been shooting etc.

I started about 18 months ago and shoot 100 Sporting once a week, for the first 6-12 months I was averaging around 50-55% but over the last 6 months or so Ive gradually creeped up to 60-70% (low 70's on a very, very good day)

I know it sounds obvious but it defintaley feels like the more you shoot, the better and more instinctive it gets, but practice is fun and if it wasnt we would'nt do it in the first place. The thing to do is shoot as often as you can and remember to enjoy it, my scores have got better since I stopped worrying about them.

All the best :good:

I think an important thing to do is get out to as many different shoots as possible. Don't stick with the one that's the closest and most 'familiar'.

Shooting at the same ground each time, week in and week out doesn't help. It gives you a false sense of how good you actually are...regardless of the change in layout you might get there. Psychology comes into it also. If you shoot the same place each week, with the same faces...you feel more at ease and less under pressure. The same layout but in unfamiliar territory, with lots of strangers around queuing up behind you...watching your every move, making noises when you miss etc.. will kick you in the balls and drop your average (but ultimately make you better)

So, go further afield and vary where and/or what you shoot.

Just my two pennies ;)

Edited by huffhuff

At Manchester Clay Club my member average is low to mid 80’s the last time I looked on the handicap sheet.

At CPSA registered shoots its currently 77.2 according to them.

On a good day I get into the 90’s, on a bad day into the 60’s, all head related and nothing to do with the difficulty of the targets with me.

I try to shoot 100 registered at different grounds each week, apart from ******* skeet, I don’t do ******* skeet. :angry: :angry:

At Manchester Clay Club my member average is low to mid 80’s the last time I looked on the handicap sheet.

At CPSA registered shoots its currently 77.2 according to them.

On a good day I get into the 90’s, on a bad day into the 60’s, all head related and nothing to do with the difficulty of the targets with me.

I try to shoot 100 registered at different grounds each week, apart from ******* skeet, I don’t do ******* skeet. :angry: :angry:

You're **** :sly:

You're **** :sly:

I might be **** but not as **** as you.................... my average is better than yours at Manchester Clay Club, CPSA sporting and Sportrap........ You just like ******* Skeet as you are suffering from dementia and cant remember where the clays come from..... Just saying :sly:<_<

I might be **** but not as **** as you.................... my average is better than yours at Manchester Clay Club, CPSA sporting and Sportrap........ You just like ******* Skeet as you are suffering from dementia and cant remember where the clays come from..... Just saying :sly:<_<

The only reason your average is better than mine is that you never hand your cards in :P

Is your name Clark? :sly:

My registered sporting average is spiralling downwards and is about 79.something% now. About 87% for non-reg though. 95.something% for skeet and 89% for all round I think :hmm:

Chard is **** and Timps is a sissy :good:

We'll see on Sunday, you tart bitch gimp......you'll be weeping uncontrollably into your Pot Noodle :sly:

My registered sporting average is 77.something%, mid 80's on tart's sporting, 91% on skeet - huzzah.

We won't talk about FITASC, because that's for mincers....

Edited by Chard