• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the stuff.

Am I the only guy here who eats it raw?

Either that or I'll have it so lightly seared it looks as though

I've just threatened it with the frying pan as opposed to cooking it.

served raw every sunday in my local, along with other delicasies :good:

prefer it on a fry up mesel along with fried pease pud :good::good:

alan

A breakfast aint a breakfast without black pudding! :good::good::good:

2 Double yolked eggs, bacon, black pudding and beans with fresh uncut bread and salted butter - Just what you want in the morning before going out for a days decoying! :yes::yes::yes:

Edited by Frenchieboy

I love the stuff. Bought it from a varied number of shops, supermarkets, delis etc and the result has been varied too. From nectar to absolute garbage. Best I ever had was from Scotland - Carnoustie butchers to be exact. Beautiful.

Edited by PaulABF

Bury black puddings off the market (Chadwick's) I brought a load down to the first north v south shoot to educate the southerners. :)

And very nice they were too, and the white ones.... :good:

The nicest i have ever tasted are the ones "Bunnykiller" off here brings to the gun club on special occassions for our breakfast, (i have a roll on order, he gets them from scotland) hopefully he will see this thread and say what they are

:shaun:

Never had it

Do it taste like chicken ?

Maybe after a night out drinking with the girls

slap bang between some pitta bread.

Then I might try it . ;)

Oh Suzy!

You don't know what you are missing.

It's large. black, porky and gently spiced (if it's done right), and Northern ones are generally rated more highly than Southern versions ...... and no, it doesn't taste like chicken.

Never had it

Do it taste like chicken ?

Maybe after a night out drinking with the girls

slap bang between some pitta bread.

Then I might try it . ;)

Oh dear Suzy, you've never had a good Lancashire Black Pudding? What a sheltered and deprived life you have been leading! Once you have had a genuine Lancashire Black pudding you will keep wanting more and more and realise just how much you have been missing the "finer things in life"! Southern Fried Chicken doesn't have a patch on a good old Black Pudding after a girld night out! :no::no::no:

Another one here in favour of the Stornoway! :D We have a mobile butcher (Grants of Golspie) who comes round once a month and we buy ours from him. I have made my own in the past though, it isn't hard to do and the end result's worth it. :)

We usually have it sliced and fried with our own hens eggs, local sausages, fried tomatoes and bacon and beans. Having just reread all that, it's a wonder me and the OH don't weigh a ton apiece! :blush: But that's a weekend treat that, breakfast in bed. :)