Semi Auto users - which cartriges cycle well in which guns?

Salop Matt

Now strongly considering a semi-auto I know some can be cartrige fussy when it comes to cycling !

So what semi auto do you have and what carts do work in yours and what dont ?

Am trying to assertain if there is one brand thats well know as a poor preformer in semi autos ?

Ive always found eley carts to be very dirty and express and gamebore to be fairley clean !

28gram is my normal load but would be good to know about what other loads can be cycled reliably in what !

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used sporting, kent velocity, Hull, but mainly eley in my Benelli supersport. anything 28gm cycled effortlessly from day 1. Eley 24gm no problems and I have used Eley light 21gm regularly, even that only failed to cycle with about 1 shell in a box. Easy to clean as well, unlike a gassser.

So what are the pros and cons of Inertia vs Gas cycling ?

I once had a go with with a benelli comfortec and was very impressed with that ! Even my mrs who could just manage with 21gram in my silver pigeon managed to shoot 10 shots with the benelli running 28gram carts, it just swallowed the recoil and was very pleasant although it had a big price tag !

Interia requires less cleaning but gives more recoil than gas

Plus requires a larger load to eject than a gas one does, thats what the gun shop told me when I was looking at a Benelli compared to the Xtrema 2

However at this point I'll happily swap anyone my Xtrema 2 for a Benelli