Time to bring Back Fox Hunting with Dogs.

Fisherman Mike

Methinks its time to start serious lobbying for the reintroduction of Organised Fox Hunting with Dogs.

The critters are everywhere it seems..

Ive never know the Fox poulation locally to be so strong...even with the thousands killed on roads and shot each year we dont seem to be making any dent at all in the populations.

Late last night in a 15 mile journey and back I saw 6 live and 4 dead foxes on the A419 A429 and A433 around here. :o

Im sure there must be more foxes than rabbits in some areas. This cannot be any good at all for the rural ecology :no:

I dont suppose that fox hunting with hounds made a big dent on the population of fit adult foxes, cubbing in autumn would seem the most effective part of fox hunting. Its part of the country scene and should never have been banned, fox hunting was good news for foxes culling the old and weak. Bring it back in all its glory.

Blackpowder

Methinks its time to start serious lobbying for the reintroduction of Organised Fox Hunting with Dogs.

The critters are everywhere it seems..

Ive never know the Fox poulation locally to be so strong...even with the thousands killed on roads and shot each year we dont seem to be making any dent at all in the populations.

Late last night in a 15 mile journey and back I saw 6 live and 4 dead foxes on the A419 A429 and A433 around here. :o

Im sure there must be more foxes than rabbits in some areas. This cannot be any good at all for the rural ecology :no:

more foxes are killed now than before the ban, driving foxes to guns is rather more effective. Hunting never was particularly effective but did control a fair number particularly in areas hard to shoot them.

I was having an early morning mooch the other week, until the horn started and about a dozen hounds went bonkers. They went straight through the bit of course stuff I was waiting for a fox to make an appearance from :oops:

As a youngster, Me and My best pal used to get ourselves into a wood/boundry that the hunt were not allowed to cross,and wait for the pack to push foxes to us :blush:

Shot a few like that, and then go into stealth mode and hide :lol:

As a youngster, Me and My best pal used to get ourselves into a wood/boundry that the hunt were not allowed to cross,and wait for the pack to push foxes to us :blush:

Shot a few like that, and then go into stealth mode and hide :lol:

Excelent :good::good:

Huntsmen being used as Unpaid beaters. :lol:

I bet that they were well hacked off by you.

I dont suppose that fox hunting with hounds made a big dent on the population of fit adult foxes, cubbing in autumn would seem the most effective part of fox hunting. Its part of the country scene and should never have been banned, fox hunting was good news for foxes culling the old and weak. Bring it back in all its glory.

Blackpowder

Maybe if basc done more at the time to prevent the ban on hunting with dogs,and the tail docking of working dogs, they would never have got banned in the first place. :good:

I did see some years ago a story if is is correct or not I cannot say but apparently there was a chap with two dogs a Russell to flush the fox out of the hole and a Lurcher to catch them and dispatch them and apparently over the season the man with the dogs killed twice as many Foxes as the local hunt did as I said I do not now if this is correct but it sounded good to me.