Empty Cartridges

TrapFiller

Being a new shooter i hav only shot at one ground. i was just wondering after seeing the ground a closing time. what does everybody do when they have fired there 2 shots. most people just flinge the cartridges from there ejectors wothout a care in the world leaving it to the ground staff to clear up at the end of the day. its not hard to catch you empties.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where i go theres big bucket things next to the stands and you put the cartridges in those when you have fired your 2 shots...i think they burn them after

ps. the auto's just leave them on the ground waiting for the trapper to put them in the bucket :o :o :o

Edited by OvEr_KiLL

What can you do. He charges I don't know how much for you to shoot at your clays so I'm sure he can pick up a few shells

What do you want him to do ... wait after every person finishes and wipe their **** after each round as well?

If you dont pick up, your just lazy and leaving a mess for the next person to deal with ... and if you do that your just an dip**** in my book. I use a semi auto & an O/U .... takes 2 mins to tidy up, dont see the problem myself.

I put the shells from the o/u and the s/s in the buckets provided, but not with the pump action or SA. Although I do stay and clear up afterwards at the ground I'm member at.

That's exactly what I do too and we also help put the traps away :good: .

atvb

sg1

What do you want him to do ... wait after every person finishes and wipe their **** after each round as well?

If you dont pick up, your just lazy and leaving a mess for the next person to deal with ... and if you do that your just an dip**** in my book. I use a semi auto & an O/U .... takes 2 mins to tidy up, dont see the problem myself.

Dip **** :lol:

If we followed the logic of "I've paid good money to shoot not to tidy up" then do those same people just throw their litter on the floor wherever they are, town & city streets, pavement outside their house, at the cinema, theatre or restaurant? After all they pay their council tax and their admittance fees and some of that goes towards cleaning!

In my ever so humble opinion those "leave them for the hired help to pick up" are either bone idle ******** or their hand/eye co-ordination is so poor they can't catch the empties to throw in the bin, in which case should they have a gun in their hands?

Only shooters who could be excused from binning their empties at the clay ground are semi auto users and then only on the basis that it would hold up those waiting to shoot, no reason why the marker/scorer/referee should not be given one of those magnetic wands and during a lull pick up the s/a empties.

This of course is only a temporary measure until I am promoted to King when I will immediately ban semi autos from clay shooting, not just Hatstands but even the posh ones :P:P

Potter

+1

Even with the s/a I clean up afterwoods, though a couple do get missed as don't see where they flew to, usually end up picking up others instead. Only leave them if the trapper says to, some traps have a magnet so it only takes a few seconds to clean up.

Here in Northern Ireland a lot of our grounds Sportin,Skeet,DTL etc have made in mandatory for everyone to bring their "rubbish" home with them after they shoot, the main problem is that most shoots are on farm land and it's against the law to burn stuff as they'll loose their farm subs. we'll just have to suck it and see !

One shoot I've been to twice now,

not only does everyone pick up their own empties but actively help pick up and bin all empties :good:

then when the shootings all done, everyone walks around picking up the unbroken clays and even helps collect up the traps/machines (what ever you call 'em) and load them on the trailer.

But I suspect that's how he lays on such good value & popular shoots :good::yes::yes:

One shoot I've been to twice now,

not only does everyone pick up their own empties but actively help pick up and bin all empties :good:

then when the shootings all done, everyone walks around picking up the unbroken clays and even helps collect up the traps/machines (what ever you call 'em) and load them on the trailer.

But I suspect that's how he lays on such good value & popular shoots :good::yes::yes:

Which one's that? I'll make a point of avoiding it :lol: :lol:

If we followed the logic of "I've paid good money to shoot not to tidy up" then do those same people just throw their litter on the floor wherever they are, town & city streets, pavement outside their house, at the cinema, theatre or restaurant? After all they pay their council tax and their admittance fees and some of that goes towards cleaning!

In my ever so humble opinion those "leave them for the hired help to pick up" are either bone idle ******** or their hand/eye co-ordination is so poor they can't catch the empties to throw in the bin, in which case should they have a gun in their hands?

Only shooters who could be excused from binning their empties at the clay ground are semi auto users and then only on the basis that it would hold up those waiting to shoot, no reason why the marker/scorer/referee should not be given one of those magnetic wands and during a lull pick up the s/a empties.

This of course is only a temporary measure until I am promoted to King when I will immediately ban semi autos from clay shooting, not just Hatstands but even the posh ones :P:P

Potter

+ 1 apart from the last sentence :lol:

At one of the grounds I shoot at there are magnet sticks at every layout, I catch them if I am using the o/u and tidy up before moving on with the semi, unless another squad are waiting and then I apologise to the trapper if there is one, that is usually sufficient. At the others, where I usually just practice, I carry my own magnet stick and clear up myself, the only exception are shells that have been ejected beyond the safety ropes. Park lodge had such a problem with lazy ******* leaving shells everywhere, they just said "tidy up or we charge you more" and had magnet sticks available to take round. Magically, everyone (well nearly) started picking up, great how financial incentives can work, isn't it?

On another note, maybe the people who leave litters of shells around don't appreciate the safety issues. I am walking disabled, as are a significant number of shooters, and I find that a concrete stand littered with empty shells is like walking on ballbearings and grease, I have enough problems to cope with - SO PICK THEM UP please. Funnily enough, a lot of the shells I find littered around are 6.5's, not too common for close up sporting clay shots, game shooters surely know better! (not that I am pointing fingers :rolleyes: ) Either way, litter is litter. Have a good christmas, everybody..

Potter

Hmmm perhaps they should also catch the plastic wads as they leave their muzzles too, after all, if their hand-eye co-ordination is so poor that they can't do this, should they have a gun in their hands?

Having said that, I do believe it is a simple and courteous act to pick up ones spent cases.

I seriously cant belive that people cant be A*%!d to take a little bit of time to pick up what is in the end rubbish, it's everyday manners!!! I would love to see there houses.

I would bet these people are the first to complain, when others litter there work place or areas the go.

Rant over :/

i`ll be expected to take my wheelie bins upto the tip next as it`s my rubbish yet i pay council tax, maybe we should all campaign for luminous lead shot so after we shoot we can go out and pick it all up, isn`t that rubbish too??? where do you suggest the line is drawn.

It`s a personal choice if you pickup your empties, if it`s not stipulated to pickup your empties i`m afraid it`s personal choice and those that do pickup the empties can continue to walk around with their halo intact. :innocent:

Thought of a novel idea, will pop down to the docks and see if some immigrant would like to stand next to me with a catchers mitt waiting for the empties. :P

Edited by CZ550Kevlar

i`ll be expected to take my wheelie bins upto the tip next as it`s my rubbish yet i pay council tax, maybe we should all campaign for luminous lead shot so after we shoot we can go out and pick it all up, isn`t that rubbish too??? where do you suggest the line is drawn.

It`s a personal choice if you pickup your empties, if it`s not stipulated to pickup your empties i`m afraid it`s personal choice and those that do pickup the empties can continue to walk around with their halo intact. :innocent:

Thought of a novel idea, will pop down to the docks and see if some immigrant would like to stand next to me with a catchers mitt waiting for the empties. :P

I suggest the line is already fairly clear - use the bins that are put out for you to use. Lazy ****. :sly: