river cottage

king ratcatcher

Addicted to it.

It's the life style everyone wants if it were not for being slaves to the wage.

A modern version of the Good Life.

However, it is worth bearing in mind that Hugh's mum is a multi millionaire award winning author - so poncing around Dorset is a completely viable proposition.

hmmmm him shooting the 10/22 at those doves or pigeons what ever they were, was not his finest hour.

I remember that one. He was thinning out the population, left the pure white doves alone and only went for the mixed coloured ones. He then ate what he shot. Fair play me thinks.

hmmmm him shooting the 10/22 at those doves or pigeons what ever they were, was not his finest hour.

Sorry to much of a herbert for me. Nice to have a sister as as a producer in his sort of field. It never fails to amaze me these blokes don,t know where the next old "landy" is coming from and then he goes and buys a whacking great farm with cattle,pigs goats ect. Never had that sort of luck meself. End of jealous attack on him. Velveteens.

he's nothing but a con really. i have friends who live in the same village as him, he's only there for filming!

also, apparently, when he ran the pancake race (or was it egg n spoon) he lost originally to my mates son. the film crew asked the village to re-run the race and let him win!!

But he didn't win the race lost out to his chicken supplier guy I thought?

Yeah they were thinning out the population to keep the white doves from the local land owners garage roof or whatever so shooting a .22 into the sky not the best of ideas.

Ben

i am also addictid to it too, love watching it, i love the one were he shoots the pigeons with the .22 rifle, and the rabbits too, have seen most of the programes, have also got hes dvds and books, the dvds are the river cottage hq, :)

I went to his site and must have clicked on something, because 'he' sends me a monthly newsletter now. :good:

Good program though, obviously well edited for our consumption.

But he didn't win the race lost out to his chicken supplier guy I thought?

Yeah they were thinning out the population to keep the white doves from the local land owners garage roof or whatever so shooting a .22 into the sky not the best of ideas.

Ben

yes thats true, hes m8 one, it was on this morning on discovery real time :good:

I pefer the older series,a cook on the wild side and TV dinners.Te one tht sticks out best was TV Dinners where a couple who had a child decided to keep the placenta and use it as part of the celebration of the birth.

They made it into a paté and best of all a veggie friend decided to have some as she said that nothing had died to provide the paté.I think that woman deserved a round of applause :good:

:):lol::no::no::lol:

I like the people he brings together, like the butcher and the guy who taught him how to dry cure hams!

About the shooting of doves, I do not think we ever saw the backstop of that building? There could be a great hill behind, anyone know?

Ft

Well, put it this way, I can take Hugh Fernlea Whittingstall but I can't take Bill Oddie :no:

That suprises me a little.... Bills shows are about reality whereas Hughs are all done with smoke and mirrors.

The guy is from a wealthy family, can afford to adopt the self sufficient lifestyle and in fairness makes a good programme. You dont seriously think he eats all that **** he serves up do you.if he did he would probably **** through the eye of a needle :good::) I saw him in a supermarket once and it wasnt elderflower cordial and lentils in his shopping trolley more like best moet and angus steak.

I was also at the race meeting in bath when he sold the bunny burgers and I can tell you not many of them were eaten.

Still it makes good viewing because the hunter gatherer lifestyle triggers a latent inbred desire in us all.

I always chuckle when he murdered that version of baba o' reilly in the pub after eating a load of magic mushrooms :lol::no:

FM.

Well, put it this way, I can take Hugh Fernlea Whittingstall but I can't take Bill Oddie :no:

That suprises me a little.... Bills shows are about reality whereas Hughs are all done with smoke and mirrors.

The guy is from a wealthy family, can afford to adopt the self sufficient lifestyle and in fairness makes a good programme. You dont seriously think he eats all that **** he serves up do you.if he did he would probably **** through the eye of a needle :good::) I saw him in a supermarket once and it wasnt elderflower cordial and lentils in his shopping trolley more like best moet and angus steak.

I was also at the race meeting in bath when he sold the bunny burgers and I can tell you not many of them were eaten.

Still it makes good viewing because the hunter gathers lifestyle triggers a latent inbred desire in us all.

I always chuckle when he murdered that version of baba o' reilly in the pub after eating a load of magic mushrooms :lol::no:

FM.

That made me laugh - all of it true, particularly his singing - he was absolutely mashed.

I like the shows. Doesnt bother me one bit that he is loaded. There is a good reason why I cant live the way he does, and thats because it costs a packet!

I just enjoy the fact that someone is out there trying to open peoples eyes a bit about what meat actually is and where it comes from, and that shooting for the pot is a respectable passtime, not the preserve of bandanna wearing sadist wannabe rambo's.

Excellent cookbooks too.

Pete

I pefer the older series,a cook on the wild side and TV dinners.Te one tht sticks out best was TV Dinners where a couple who had a child decided to keep the placenta and use it as part of the celebration of the birth.

They made it into a paté and best of all a veggie friend decided to have some as she said that nothing had died to provide the paté.I think that woman deserved a round of applause :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dont fancy eating some of that personally. :lol::)

Well, put it this way, I can take Hugh Fernlea Whittingstall but I can't take Bill Oddie :lol:

The guy is from a wealthy family, can afford to adopt the self sufficient lifestyle and in fairness makes a good programme. You dont seriously think he eats all that **** he serves up do you.if he did he would probably **** through the eye of a needle :no::no: I saw him in a supermarket once and it wasnt elderflower cordial and lentils in his shopping trolley more like best moet and angus steak.

Still it makes good viewing because the hunter gatherer lifestyle triggers a latent inbred desire in us all.

I always chuckle when he murdered that version of baba o' reilly in the pub after eating a load of magic mushrooms :lol::lol:

FM.

Very true :good: The guy does not live in reality, the show is nothing like his real life, but its only a TV program anyway. :lol:

Frank.

They made it into a paté and best of all a veggie friend decided to have some as she said that nothing had died to provide the paté.I think that woman deserved a round of applause :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dont fancy eating some of that personally. :lol::good:

Christ, I was just about to tuck in to a greasy fried egg sandwich with tomato sauce when i read that.... I think ill have the Museli now. :lol:

There was 4 of them I recall does that mean 25 placent each... :no::no: