Top Gear Christmas Special

Vipa

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the whole of this years Christmas special just so I could post about how rubbish it was. I will watch it again,and the next series, so I am able to deride it. Much the same way I watch soaps, x factor etc. That way I can say yes I watched it and oh it was dross. If only I knew how to use a remote control!

Totally agree the format needs to change, I find some of it very funny but just wrecking good cars is cack.

Let's have some decent stuff from them in future.the Christmas special was just reheated leftovers from past years must be due to the budget cuts.

ATB figgy

What happened to proper car reviews and test drives etc. Its no longer a car show, its about 3 presenters on jollies in either smart cars we can only dream of or ones we have already scrapped. It definitely needs a respray or MOT !!

That formula didnt work which was why the BBC dropped TopGear back in 2001 because the ratings slumped to an all time low then they reinvented it 2 years later in the guise it is now.The show is now entertainment rather than a factual motoring programe and it clearly works because TopGear is apparently the worlds most watched and exported tv series seen all around the globe.The Beeb make an awful amount of money through the series,DVD's,marketing etc so i dont think they're going to be changing the format just yet.

I watched the India special on Iplayer this morning and thought it was great-the "eat British muff" tickled me. :lol:

What happened to proper car reviews and test drives etc. Its no longer a car show, its about 3 presenters on jollies in either smart cars we can only dream of or ones we have already scrapped. It definitely needs a respray or MOT !!

You have to watch "Fifth Gear"

thats the nearest you will get.

this weeks had the first "TV" view of the new defender replacement.......looked better in the flesh than the press pictures did

:shaun:

Trouble with car reviews is that if I want to know what the new astra/focus/golf is like I'll go and drive them myself. I'll take the dog and a suitcase and see how the boot measures up. I'll take it round the back roads to see how it rides and down the motorway at 60mph to see how much MPG I can squeeze out. I don't need someone on the TV telling me it.

What I do need is someone to take a disco 3 to the top of a mountain, to take a zonda round the test track, to build a car/boat and sail it to France. Things that are entertaining to watch, that I can't do myself. There's nothing wrong with the format, it just needs new ideas.

Fifth Gear? Can't stand any of them. Especially VBH, letting off her little squeaks and yelps to try and turn all the desperate middle age men who haven't seen a gammon slipper in over a decade in to tripods. :rolleyes:

Top Gear is a global brand,sold all around the world,apparently its what every one wants to watch!all the cheap and nasty merchandise is then sold and the three idiots get more money as they feel the show is about them and then they buy more cars,that they spend their working week test driving

I love top gear and I think the presenters are well matched - but the Christmas special was a bit predictable, anyone who thinks clarkson is an idiot hasn't thought it through - he's extremely good at the production and writing side and has apparently come up with half the things they have done - how can anyone deny the cow on the roof in the American special or getting chased by rednecks wasn't funny? Also him falling off the scooter or breaking his wrist crash testing the volvo - that wasn't staged, even though some of it is.

it needs a few new ideas but I'm sure that'll happen.

The other episode that I thought was great was when they took the BMW diesel racing - cracking entertainment.

And VBH is pretty good at the tripod effect - anyone who wouldn't like to see her bent over the bonnet of a car waiting for them needs glasses! :lol:

Regards,

Gixer

And VBH is pretty good at the tripod effect - anyone who wouldn't like to see her bent over the bonnet of a car waiting for them needs glasses! :lol:

I can't see what the fuss is about with her. She looks ill. If I came back and found her draped over my bonnet I'd give her a kick up the ***** and tell her to sling her hook :lol:

And ideally to drive it down again, and not get airlifted off to thei airport in the helicopter with the car keys still in your pocket like that clown Clarkson did. :rolleyes:

Sorry, where did he say he was going to drive it down again? The purpose of the test was to get it up there - and he did. I'm going to assume you've never left your keys anywhere, not ever, never? :hmm:

Really?

9wbzxlvdid8hdvdz.jpg

I see a striking resemblance:

5194565-polynesian-statue-isolated-on-black.jpg