ouch!!!

boxlock

hi all, i went out shooting with the 12g this morning, after taking a shot at a squirrel,(witch upped a few pigeons) , i was reloading, as three pigeons came streight towards me, so i dropped another cartridge in,snapped the gun shut ,mounted,pushed the safety off & bang, dropped the pigeon.then ouch!!i felt a sharp pain from my thumb. looked down to see about a 1.5cm flap of skin hanging down & blood peeing out the end of my thumb. (i think what happend was, as i took the shot i left my thumb on the safety & the recoil kicked the gun & the brake lever hit the end of my thumb.) after doing what probably looked like some kind of war dance. i put a glove on to keep it clean & carried on with my morning.

my question is, has anybody sufferd the same type of thing ? does this happen much?

post-51648-0-34980700-1326657170.jpg

hi all, i went out shooting with the 12g this morning, after taking a shot at a squirrel,(witch upped a few pigeons) , i was reloading, as three pigeons came streight towards me, so i dropped another cartridge in,snapped the gun shut ,mounted,pushed the safety off & bang, dropped the pigeon.then ouch!!i felt a sharp pain from my thumb. looked down to see about a 1.5cm flap of skin hanging down & blood peeing out the end of my thumb. (i think what happend was, as i took the shot i left my thumb on the safety & the recoil kicked the gun & the brake lever hit the end of my thumb.) after doing what probably looked like some kind of war dance. i put a glove on to keep it clean & carried on with my morning.

my question is, has anybody sufferd the same type of thing ? does this happen much?

post-51648-0-34980700-1326657170.jpg

I have seen the same thing befor but it split the blokes nail too

i did the same thing with my uncles baikal side by side when i started shooting, apparently it did the same thing to him and to his brother too. thats baikal though, hits equally as hard at both ends :lol::oops::lol:

thats interesting. this has happend a few times to me (but not this bad) with two guns i recently brought second hand, & guess what.....there both baikal"s. do you think the top levers are too long ?

Ouch.

I once trapped my finger in a spring powered air rifle, I was trying to put a pellet in without cocking it, so it was available to shoot quickly (without fumbling for pellets) without actually having tension on the spring and being dangerous/ready to fire.

The action shut on my finger when I slipped off the lever holding it open, I still remember the pain vividly. Good thing there weren't any easily offended ears nearby either.