foxes some stunning ones

camokid

hi all, well thanks to virgin my laptop has been down for a while now so much to my disappointment i have had to go cold turkey in the posting pics department not a happy chap but all is sorted now.

right i have had some real stunning foxes of late all in top condition and fighting fit. this is the most important month for a fox its not only time to meet that lucky vixen but its time the younger former cubs get seen as a threat and moved on so im seeing new foxes that have moved in on my permissions.

this first one was on a large field it must be pushing 80 acres alone but most is\ crop and a bit too tall.there is one small patch thats still shoot-able tho and often holds a fox. i got there in dark and had a quick flash but nothing so out comes the caller a couple of blasts lamp on and to my surprise there where four sets of eyes i concentrated on the two that where shoot-able and started to call again at this point they where well out 400+ yards with a few more calls they where both coming in full boar one was more in the lead that the other it was a nice small dog hit broad side at 160 the rest legged it no fight another day which i don't mind as i like to keep the sport there.

2ziso6x.jpg

next was i nice little vixen lovely condition a bit leaner. she was also a new one to the land i had not seen a fox here for a while its more of a rabbit place to go, anyway she was spotted from one farm across the river to the other which i also shoot i got out my trusty call and once again she came running in tex book style. when she was about 70 yards i put the lamp on her full but it did not stop her i kept calling watching her hunt she came closer and closer with every call and eventual she was sat opposite me across the 20 foot river i places a shot to the chest with the hmr and shell fell

4iy5us.jpg

now the next one was a call out one, to be honest that don't happen to much. the farmer had rang me saying that he had seen a fox three times in the week in the mornings he was concerned as he was due his sheep back and didn't want a big old dog mooching around so i was quite looking forward to piping one off in the light for a change, that plan didn't work i put two very cold morning on it with no luck then went back to my much loved lamp, the fox did show that night and sat up right listening to my call about 100yards he took one to the chest and the farmer was over the moon i had not seen this fox before and he was not fussed with the lamp. he was a good size with a neck like a staffy lol

r1ndx4.jpg

these ones are crackers!! perfect foxes big dogs with grate coats. the first fox on the right was my bros shot the fox was sat high up in the straw bails it was a good shot its not often you can aim at that angle and have a back stop but it worked he stood up took the shot and fell all the way down. once again new foxes this farm is very small and been shot a lot by myself due to a big rabbit issue that was there.

the second fox followed a hour later we was walking in the stubble chatting away not being very stealthy at all when i flashed the lamp to see a fox lying down in the hedge no more that 40 yards i told my brother get on your knees and used him as a human bipod down went foxy. and end of night

fookr5.jpg

he was that good i skinned him and will be tanned

1431f86.jpg

sorry to go on a bit. lol

thanks andy

Good work Andy! What fox call do you use? Ive got a foxpro, wondered if you had the same and what calls you use on it this time of year?

ello jimbo

i use this mate its deadly honest! its getting them running in like a steam train two more last night fell to it.

11r6jki.jpg

its got a real raspy sound to it but it work's a treat

iv never used them elec callers but im hearing a lot about them

thanks mate

well done mate ...had a thought when you said your brother was on his hands and knees and you were resting on his back :lol: :lol: :lol: no pictures required

:lol: :lol: :lol: top read mate

you no what its like out there! them cold winter nights its a lonley place to be lol

plus hes so warm??