POLL: Which Charity for the 2012 Charity Shoot

Teal

Which Charity  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Which Charity for the 2012 shoot- please read first post for more information on the charities

• Different Strokes
    • Orchid Cancer
    • Canine Partners
    • Alzheimer's Society
    • Macmillan Cancer Support

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wish to split hairs, but it's anyone intending to contribute, not just those attending the shoot.

In the past, some of the largest contributions have come from those who don't attend.

Might as well flick the shoot off and just stick up a Justgiving page then eh?

A lot of people contribute who can't attend the Charity Shoot for various reasons, or just don't shoot clays.

The focal point of the whole Charity effort is the Shoot Day and thats how it should be. :good:

Guys, please don't let this great event fall apart because of bickering. It is early days yet and I'm sure there'll be more votes cast. I suspect that the generosity of PW members will be supportive of whichever charity is ultimately selected.

D'you want a smack in the marf? :sly:

Terry, should the numbers in the vote not correspond to the numbers that are going to attend??

Would you rather that 50-80 attend but a load more people who don't attend cast a vote?

To be fair there will be plenty who can't attend or who don't shoot clays but who do support the PW charity. As an example I know that PhilR has been unable to attend either of the first two events but has dug deep with the donations and he is only one of many.

It would appear churlish to begrudge the non-attending benefactor a vote.

Potter UN

Edited by Mr Potter

To be fair there will be plenty who can't attend or who don't shoot clays but who do support the PW charity. As an example I know that PhilR has been unable to attend either of the first two events but has dug deep with the donations and he is only one of many.

It would appear churlish to begrudge the non-attending benefactor a vote.

Potter UN

I don't think anybody is trying to deny them a vote.

I think the feeling is that they shouldn't be made to self-flagellate in shame if they haven't voted :P

I don't think anybody is trying to deny them a vote.

I think the feeling is that they shouldn't be made to self-flagellate in shame if they haven't voted :P

That'll teach me to read the full thread before jumping in :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I think I've lost me grip :/

Potter

Edited by Mr Potter

I don't think anyones bickering Phil, just airing their views.

But I do think we could do with another PW brewery tour once all this is decided upon :beer:

I am all for another brewery tour, as I am sure others would be, lets find a brewery outside of London if possible and convenient for as many to attend as possible.

The Charity Shoot must be our priority, and we should all pull together on it.

My original question/statement was not meant in any way to denegrate this fantastic event that has raised and hopefully will continue to raise a good source of income for the chosen Charities.

I am delighted to announce that with more than 100 votes cast, Different Strokes is the clear winner with more than twice the number of votes of the next nearest charity.

I look forward to releasing more details including registrations in due course for the 2012 PW NvS Shoot, but with it still a little more than 3 months until the event, for now please be sure to save the date in the diary - SATURDAY 2nd JUNE @ ORSTON SHOOTING GROUND. Will the North reclaim their trophy, or will the South be able to retain it.... Can't wait!!

I am delighted to announce that with more than 100 votes cast, Different Strokes is the clear winner with more than twice the number of votes of the next nearest charity.

I look forward to releasing more details including registrations in due course for the 2012 PW NvS Shoot, but with it still a little more than 3 months until the event, for now please be sure to save the date in the diary - SATURDAY 2nd JUNE @ ORSTON SHOOTING GROUND. Will the North reclaim their trophy, or will the South be able to retain it.... Can't wait!!

A good choice made, it seems a very worthwhile cause

I am booked in at the Nottingham (contact me if interested for details) £30.00 (£15.00 each) Friday Night June 1st.

I can take 5 in the car plus all bags and guns etc, so lets be enviroment friendly,plus save some £'s of course for the beers.

If any of the Herts Massive want to share, or anyone else (guaranteed no grooming) , it is a twin romm let me know.

Terry

Edited by bakerboy

There are 6 of us booked into the Crowne Plaza in Nottingham already

It seems a bit pricey but if you call them up you can squeeze them a bit on price.

Guys,

For obvious reasons of security I wouldn't be too keen to tell the whole World which hotel you will be staying at the night before.

Do it all by PM. :yes:

Cat.