POLL: Which Charity for the 2012 Charity Shoot

Teal

Which Charity  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Which Charity for the 2012 shoot- please read first post for more information on the charities

• Different Strokes
    • Orchid Cancer
    • Canine Partners
    • Alzheimer's Society
    • Macmillan Cancer Support

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry people that I have come in a bit late on this - I have gone with the flow of Different Strokes and I shall attend another great shoot - Will be interesting for me as in all the years I have shot clay's I have never been to Orston SG.

Also like to thank Debbie for joining and posting - that seemed to seal the deal. -- Hope to see her at Orston along with rest of the crew. :yes:

Dave

The names of all those attending the shooting ground the next day will be published on here, I don't see the difference?

Doh...you're missing the point, so I'll spell it out.

Clay Shooters normally have guns. :yes:

If Clay Shooters are staying overnight before the shoot, they will have guns with them. :hmm:

Some Clay Shooters are silly enough to leave guns in car boots in hotel car parks overnight.

Some Clay Shooters are even sillier by plastering their cars with BASC stickers.

If you're a villain in need of a shottie, you wouldn't need to look too far. :no:

Cat.

If Clay Shooters are staying overnight before the shoot, they will have guns with them. :hmm:

Some Clay Shooters are silly enough to leave guns in car boots in hotel car parks overnight.

Some Clay Shooters are even sillier by plastering their cars with BASC stickers.

If you're a villain in need of a shottie, you wouldn't need to look too far. :no:

Cat.

....and if they have read last years thread they will know that the Southern "shotties" are the most accurate :P :P :P:lol: :lol:

Cat.

We all took guns last year and everyone knew where we were staying?

....and if they have read last years thread they will know that the Southern "shotties" are the most accurate :P :P :P:lol: :lol:

There may be more drinking this year :blink:

Can we start a poll?

Im not bovvered

:shaun:

Can we start a poll?

I would do but I am out of the country at the moment with limited access, oh and BTW my house is empty and the keys are under the mat :rolleyes:

Once I get my room number I will of course upload that and the route I will be taking there/back + my car reg :good:

Apologies for the derailment - but as Shaun pointed out there was an entire thread last year dicsussing hotel and arrival times etc...

Thanks, as I thought, you are massively overthinking this:...(IMO of course)

It's not 'overthinking' at all! Our local league shoot has to employ a security guard to watch over the pub car parks because guns in cars are such easy pickings. Just because none have been stolen at the PW shoot for the last 2 years doesn't mean they never will be. A stolen gun or vandalised car would certainly put the dampeners on an otherwise good day! :good:

It's not 'overthinking' at all! Our local league shoot has to employ a security guard to watch over the pub car parks because guns in cars are such easy pickings. Just because none have been stolen at the PW shoot for the last 2 years doesn't mean they never will be. A stolen gun or vandalised car would certainly put the dampeners on an otherwise good day! :good:

Good point :good:

Dunky can I stash my "shottie" in your Roller overnight please?

In 2009 I was in the CZ republic for a shotgun competition held over multiple days, there were shooters from all over europe, & some guys from Greece were followed back to where they were staying & robbed of their guns.

So it can happen, but factors like having a foreign registration plate & leaving guns in cars is just asking for trouble, when abroad its best to rent a local car when transporting guns.

I expect it happens infrequently over here but the chances that crooks surf on forums in order to steal guns is unlikely but you never know.

I try to keep staying in hotels down to a minimum, but if you have to then don't carry your gun in a gun slip from the car as its obvious what you have with you, better to use a hard case like a pelican or storm as they are also used by photographers & surveyors, then chain & lock the whole thing to something solid in the room, the old large cast radiators are ideal for that.

N