Is it needed

paulr5604

Just wondering whether a camo face cover is necessary some people i have spoken to say yes but watching field sport channel they dont use them i could understand the need when roost shooting but are they needed for hide shooting. What are your thoughts?

If you are sitting still behind your camo net, get up and swing into the bird, then it will be dead before it works out it you have not brushed your teeth :lol::D

TEH

I use to but over the last few years i havent bothered. i shoot my fair share of pigeons. i have found its movement thats the key. i have on many day, just sat in the edge with not net at all and still shot birds.

having said that, that most important thing is confidence. if you think it will help then it most probably will help something.

I use to but over the last few years i havent bothered. i shoot my fair share of pigeons. i have found its movement thats the key. i have on many day, just sat in the edge with not net at all and still shot birds.

having said that, that most important thing is confidence. if you think it will help then it most probably will help something.

A bit of sense at last…… Keeping still is the most important element in pigeon shooting.

Movement is needed in the decoying part, that is why (90% :lol: ) of people use some form of rotary, bouncer, flapper etc.

You can be covered head to toe in camo, but if you cant get it right in your head them you should have stayed in your bed..... :D

TEH

As Chrispti says if you have ever sat opposite anyone in a hide without a face veil on they stick out like a sore thumb ,yes I know if you sit rock still it shouldn't matter but how many of us do ?,in my own case I do wear one mainly because having a duff knee means I have to sit and shoot so I have to have the front of the hide low enough to shoot over the top, so any birds coming in can see me straight away if I dont wear a veil,also how many of us can resist looking up at birds flying in from the side? I cant,and have spooked my share,but there you go comes down to individual choice again,try it and see,Terry

Edited by sure shot