Don't tell the Mrs!

hedd-wyn

97 members have voted

1. 1. Do you tell your partner how many guns you own?

• Do you tell your partner how much £££ you spend on guns and gear?
    • Do you keep it all a seceret?

Mine knows the guns! If she sees me walk out with 'the black one' (Remmy 700 .22-250) she says "after fox tonight then?" :lol:, so I couldn't really get new ones under the radar.

Unlike the VTR Firestorm which lives at work. Ahem!! :yes:

:lol: :lol: I'l have to remember that one :lol: :lol:

hedd ,,the missus never asks me :blink: well not until 10 mins ago when i was asked ""what did you spend 55.quid on" :sly: "cartridges love between 4 of us babe "was my reply :yes: :yes: dont think i,ve got away with it tho :angry: :angry:

She only knows how much one of my guns was, an old english sbs I bought for £150. She assumed that was a valuable antique and therefore all the older ones were relatively cheap in comparison.

To be honest though, she wouldnt turn a hair if she knew the truth, It is my cash and my decision how to spend it.

Am intrigued by this

I am a saturation diver which means I spend half the year sealed in a steel chamber breathing helium. Fotunately we are paid reasonably well, which meant my wife didnt have to work. The more I did, the less she had to. That's how it starts, then North sea divers wives find a reason to "need" a Porsche 911, shop at Harrods and break every shopping day up with expensive lunches !

My wife doesn't know quite how many guns I have, though she was with me when I brought 2 loads (2 guns per load) in from the US so she knows I have at least 4. I don't think she knows about the gun that I'm selling on Sunday, so it might be a surprise to her but then again it is out the door. She definitely doesn't know about the SKB I bought while she was traveling.

Then again, all of the guns I've bought have been "really great deals". They are all really great deals, don't you know (in my case they have been). We both work, get paid well, and have no kids or mortgage. So we can generally afford it with a little planning (depending on the amount of the gun). She knows I want another one (a little 20 or 28) and I think she'd let me get it if I asked. Then again, thinking about justifying it to her makes me think about my own needs a bit more closely and I realize there are better things to spend the money on.

Thanks,

Rick

When my wife and i got together i set up a joint account into which i pay a very large % of my monthly salary into.

Whats left over is my spending money, so if i have money to buy kit that i want, i buy kit, if i havent i don't. BUT there is always money for household bills, food, etc as that comes out of the joint account. So i don't really need to tell her. She did however ask me how much my membership of my 2 angling clubs are, i told her the truth, and she did suggest maybe i should let one go.... :rolleyes: i'm still a member of both! :good:

Tight Lines

Aled

I am a saturation diver which means I spend half the year sealed in a steel chamber breathing helium. Fotunately we are paid reasonably well, which meant my wife didnt have to work. The more I did, the less she had to. That's how it starts, then North sea divers wives find a reason to "need" a Porsche 911, shop at Harrods and break every shopping day up with expensive lunches !

Jeez you must have a hell of a squeaky voice. Do you take oxygen filled balloons down there for your xmas parties? :D

I tend to co-incide my purchases with her big purchases which almost justifies the spend. However, I have got bored from time to time and nipped out for a wander and come home with another gun which I forget to mention.

I do find that the gun cabinet makes an ideal storage place for receipts and guarantees.

It's just not worth the hassle to tell her :blush:

I have just been rumbled about my FAC application when the FEO left a message on the answer phone to arrange an appointment :o

We have a very stable marriage....but I know boundary's that should not be crossed.

1. No dead animals in the freezer in the house

2. No talk of buying new guns

3. No animal entrails in the kitchen bin

It's a bit like fight club..we just don't talk about it...but it happens :D

Haha, some replys on here do make me laugh.

Grow a pair and beat her back to the kitchen if she asks.

Only joking

My girlfriend isn't bad, I tell her exactly how much diesel money it took to collect it. I spend what I like, I do the hours at work, if there's food and bills paid the rest is mine. You work For luxuries, which is what I class my guns as. I don't expect her to pay for my hobbies or the other way around, if i cant afford them i wont do them and if she can't afford them she can't do them. But throws god knows how much at eating and sh1tting machines to stand in a field and then run around after them, put them to bed letting then out, feeding, collecting hay/straw. Costs a bomb alot more than shooting.