Coffee flask

KFC

Was out decoying yesterday.

Started under a flightline which went quiet as soon as I'd set up.

Saw Pigeons coming and going from the Hawthorn hedge on the opposite side of the field.

Moved over there and it again went quiet.

Last resort, use the best guaranteed decoy that I know. Put my gun down and pour a cup of coffee.

Sure enough, cup in one hand and flask in the other, start pouring, look up, flock of 20 landing in pattern. :rolleyes:

All gone before I could get gun in hand and then quiet for the rest of the day.

How do they know ????????? :/:no: :blink:

Was out decoying yesterday.

Started under a flightline which went quiet as soon as I'd set up.

Saw Pigeons coming and going from the Hawthorn hedge on the opposite side of the field.

Moved over there and it again went quiet.

Last resort, use the best guaranteed decoy that I know. Put my gun down and pour a cup of coffee.

Sure enough, cup in one hand and flask in the other, start pouring, look up, flock of 20 landing in pattern. :rolleyes:

All gone before I could get gun in hand and then quiet for the rest of the day.

How do they know ????????? :/:no: :blink:

soup flasks work as well but not as good as fonecalls from angry wives :lol: :lol:

Tricks almost guaranteed to have pigeons fly-by:

Taking a wizz

Having a cuppa

Rolling a ciggie

Having something to eat

Standing up to stretch the legs

Sitting down for a rest

Taking a phonecall/texting

Fantasising about the farmer's wife :lol:

Not having the gun in your hand

Setting up the hide

Taking down the hide

Getting stuck on barbed wire

And many, many more. :D

Tricks almost guaranteed to have pigeons fly-by:

Taking a wizz

Having a cuppa

Rolling a ciggie

Having something to eat

Standing up to stretch the legs

Sitting down for a rest

Taking a phonecall/texting

Fantasising about the farmer's wife :lol:

Not having the gun in your hand

Setting up the hide

Taking down the hide

Getting stuck on barbed wire

And many, many more. :D

its funny cause its true! :lol::lol:

Its only a problem cos apparently us men can't multi task :lol:

I dunno, I felt the urge, and leaned the shotgun against a tree to have a whizz... A pigeon flew in to the canopy above, right above me. Mid-stream, I picked the gun back up, fired the gun, pigeon dropped, gun down and carried on :D

Without a drop down the trouser leg :lol:

I dunno, I felt the urge, and leaned the shotgun against a tree to have a whizz... A pigeon flew in to the canopy above, right above me. Mid-stream, I picked the gun back up, fired the gun, pigeon dropped, gun down and carried on :D

Without a drop down the trouser leg :lol:

do you know what you have described is on my 'bucket list' the amount of times I've been standing there having a lag and trying to hold my gun without spraying it,and nothing ever comes in/flies over...i will do it one day though if its the last thing i do! :lol:

Oh for me it seems to be setting the deeks out (duck not pigeon) up to my waist in water gun back at the hidey hole and the blighters wanna drop in early. Now i totally garantee that standing bolt upright in the open with a gun in your hands in daylight you wont get a single chance

on a side note if i stand in a field with no gun pigeons fly over me, yet i have a gun in my hand it`s like the parting of the red sea.

if i park in the layby at the farm entrance fine ,open the door fine get my cammos on no problemo soon as my bang stick is out the boot woof gone huge flock ******* off .hide deeks cammo 100 percent nets poles etc lucky if a group of 6 come back.dem pigeons do phychological warfare too good :no:

LOL,this only happened today.Ibrough my m8 out pigeonshooting today for the first time and things where very quiet. He said this is abit boring as he likes to walk about the fields shooting rabbits or whatever. so i said to him watch very carefully as i started to pour myself a cup of coffee,dont watch me i said as he was, watch for the birds coming and sure enough 4 woodies,low flyies came in. BANG BANG, yes a lovely left and right from my m8. after id finshed my coffee i said to him you,ll get another shot hear,How do u know he said,cos im going to roll a fag,Hmmmmm,he said and looking at me is if the lift was,nt going to the top floor............... yes a sure enough about 8 birds came in very fast over the top droping one of them.How can u tell there coming in he said,Isaid its something u just pick up after alot of times in the hide,with another confused look on his face and another Hmmmmm i said now watch very very carefully this time biting my lip so i would,nt laugh. Why he said,cos im going to have p..s,yes did,nt another 2 come in.......... m8 ur good he said........lollllllllllllllllllll,Boys thats the truth u caugh never have planned this in a hundred years.....lol

LOL,this only happened today.Ibrough my m8 out pigeonshooting today for the first time and things where very quiet. He said this is abit boring as he likes to walk about the fields shooting rabbits or whatever. so i said to him watch very carefully as i started to pour myself a cup of coffee,dont watch me i said as he was, watch for the birds coming and sure enough 4 woodies,low flyies came in. BANG BANG, yes a lovely left and right from my m8. after id finshed my coffee i said to him you,ll get another shot hear,How do u know he said,cos im going to roll a fag,Hmmmmm,he said and looking at me is if the lift was,nt going to the top floor............... yes a sure enough about 8 birds came in very fast over the top droping one of them.How can u tell there coming in he said,Isaid its something u just pick up after alot of times in the hide,with another confused look on his face and another Hmmmmm i said now watch very very carefully this time biting my lip so i would,nt laugh. Why he said,cos im going to have p..s,yes did,nt another 2 come in.......... m8 ur good he said........lollllllllllllllllllll,Boys thats the truth u caugh never have planned this in a hundred years.....lol

yo aint lying m8best decoying is put ur gun down and here they come .oh by the way moley cant set up in the dark my permissions also a caravan site n jo normal would pooh his pants as i climbed the locked gate cos of mr ***** troubles .tho id love 2 be there at 1st light atb clakk :good:

i was sipping tea and sure enough in came a couple of pigeons flying head on, put the cup down(full) took the first one out over the deeks the second as it was flying straight over the hide & splash it fell into the hide & nocked me tea over,

:lol:

Seriously considering taking one of those insulated mugs with a 'sipping' lid on it... Seems like everytime I pour a cuppa, and put it down someplace, it either falls over or gets knocked... :oops:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i was sipping tea and sure enough in came a couple of pigeons flying head on, put the cup down(full) took the first one out over the deeks the second as it was flying straight over the hide & splash it fell into the hide & nocked me tea over,

I knew where some pigeons came into some Poplar trees every evening.

I got there about an hour and a half before they were due. Waited ages and then, just as I was about to give up, in they came. I whacked the first one almost overhead and then swung back for one following it in.

Before I could get the second shot off, the first bird fell straight down and hit my forehead pushing the peak of my cap over my eyes. By the time I'd recovered they were all well out of range and on their way somewhere else.

Waited til dark but they never did come back. Nearly four hours for one Pigeon. :no: