Coffee flask

KFC

Happens every time to me, I sit waiting, early morning, ocassionally glance at the coffee flask as I am gasping for a cuppa, "no no leave it another couple more mins". Five mins later still no birds, ******. Bend down to get the flask and four followed by a pair hurtle past.

I swear one day I am going to mount my coffee flask and my cup on the magent. :no:

It is **** law and works in several areas. In driven shooting the horn is blone and guns are unloaded then a couple fly right over. Airrifle shooting 30ms away from a likely spot sit there for ages you get bored stand up to find a half battalion of rabbits sitting 5 meters away doing the ******* can can and ******** themselves with rabbit luaghter knowing that theres no way you can get em now. :mad: :mad: :mad: And I am horribly serious they do it all the time. I shoot from prone which is probably why. Out of range allways a good one.

Spending a penny packing up opening falsk or lunch box putting gun away and other reasons. So for those of us that allways seem to have bad days :mad: I would perscribe drinking plenty of water the night before, taking a lot to eat and drink and keep your gun in the unzipped slip. You never know it may just out smart the little beggars. Mind you you can stop mid **** and poo at a stretch but you can not no matter who you are stop half way through a squirt and that is sure to get a flock in and lets be honest it aint stealthy. :sick: So no hot curry the night before then chaps.

Can we not just use coffee flaks as decoys probably cheaper. :big_boss:

One of my best shots was stood on a track in a wood, pheasant shooting. My phone rings and I answer it. A few shooters left and right of me a bit annoyed I answered my phone probably thinking my mind wasn't on the task. Just then I had a nice high hen bird come over and in the space of about 2 seconds I dropped the phone shot the bird and then picked the phone up again telling my girlfriend about how good I was :D

Happens every time to me, I sit waiting, early morning, ocassionally glance at the coffee flask as I am gasping for a cuppa, "no no leave it another couple more mins". Five mins later still no birds, ******. Bend down to get the flask and four followed by a pair hurtle past.

I swear one day I am going to mount my coffee flask and my cup on the magent. :no:

lol nice one

went out yesterday to have a shot at the pigeons on the stubble before it gets ploughed up, it was blowing a bloody gale, after 20 minutes of trying to put the hide up i went and stuck the decoys out, surely enough there was a couple that wanted to land in the pattern even with me stood in the middle of it! got back to the hide, got in, gun loaded then the hide blew over! so i pulled out the hide poles and just wrapped the net round myself, whilst i was fiddling about doing this, 20-30 decided to come in, tried to get a shot but rushed it and missed completely, managed to get sorted out, got absolutely plagued by seagulls and never seen another pigeon :P

• 4 weeks later...

out on pigeons all set up had a few in bag and a couple crows went quite so got flask out looked up to find a big pinkfoot in middle of pattern followed by six more mins later your all thinkin that a good thing not on 27 of august :-(

we shot are first yesterday i had just moved the decoys and was standing just out side the hide. a pigeon cam in to land luckly there was too of us. then as we where packing i new they did this so i keeped the gun. a pigeon came in even tho i was standing in the middle of the pattern. Missed but o well

• 2 weeks later...

Tricks almost guaranteed to have pigeons fly-by:

Taking a wizz

Having a cuppa

Rolling a ciggie

Having something to eat

Standing up to stretch the legs

Sitting down for a rest

Taking a phonecall/texting

Fantasising about the farmer's wife :lol:

Not having the gun in your hand

Setting up the hide

Taking down the hide

Getting stuck on barbed wire

And many, many more. :D

Mine has been when putting the decoys out on the water, GRRRRRRR.

Rats are good as well, I had a large rat infestation coming in under the floor from my neighbour's got rid of them all except one large ******! he would walk down the stairs as my wife walked up, on one occasion my wife was hoovering (and I mean on one occasion!) kids were sitting on the sofa, wife put hoover between cushions and the blighter jumped out. Watched him push those sticky pads away with his feet and waltz past me in the kitchen, then slip into the shoe cupboard under the stairs. Got my air rifle and set up in the kitchen behind a table upturned, his only exit was under the kitchen unit where his run to next door was. Sat there from midnight to 2:30 am when it started to rain, there was a flash of lightning and as I turned to the window, the little *** bolted across the kitchen and away under the floor. Never even got a shot off. Got the ****** by using a 45 amp 12 volt battery connected negative to a metal plate and the positive to some bare 2.5mm wires I hung above the plate, left it off for a week and put dabs of peanut butter on it, let him get use to it then powered it up ' fried the ******!!'.

Rats are good as well, I had a large rat infestation coming in under the floor from my neighbour's got rid of them all except one large ******! he would walk down the stairs as my wife walked up, on one occasion my wife was hoovering (and I mean on one occasion!) kids were sitting on the sofa, wife put hoover between cushions and the blighter jumped out. Watched him push those sticky pads away with his feet and waltz past me in the kitchen, then slip into the shoe cupboard under the stairs. Got my air rifle and set up in the kitchen behind a table upturned, his only exit was under the kitchen unit where his run to next door was. Sat there from midnight to 2:30 am when it started to rain, there was a flash of lightning and as I turned to the window, the little *** bolted across the kitchen and away under the floor. Never even got a shot off. Got the ****** by using a 45 amp 12 volt battery connected negative to a metal plate and the positive to some bare 2.5mm wires I hung above the plate, left it off for a week and put dabs of peanut butter on it, let him get use to it then powered it up ' fried the ******!!'.

You, my friend have made my night!

Absolutely brilliant!

yeah murphys law alright its the same with the un netted hole when ferreting , taking your eye of your salmon float to answer the wifes text about her brothers drunken night before only to turn round and see the float emerge from the depths ( i still always strike though :blush: ) and finally why do ducks always come into the coys when your out in the boat retrieving them after a uneventful morning :)