1. 1. After a hot day in the Field what do you Drink

• Spirits
    • Wine
    • Beer
    • Tea/Coffee
    • Soft Drink

After i've been out in the Field on hot Day's i love to sit in the Garden

With a COLD bottle of "FURSTY FERRET" :oops:

Its a well balanced, crisp premium ale with a malty palate & noticeable hoppy aroma, 4.4%

Brewed by Hall & Woodhouse in Dorset.

I buy it from Morrisons, Its the top Ale after a hard day :oops:

I added soft drinks to the poll for all our young gunners

PELTMAN :good::good::good:

I struggle in Summer, because I like 'proper' beer and red wine.

Neither really feel right when it is very hot and as L&L has said cider seems appropriate.

I have some Westons Organic stuff in the fridge at the moment and that is tip top :good:

But...

We now have a thriving summer ale market and the likes of Summer Lightning, Crop Circle and Fullers own Discovery have been a great help in these difficult times :good:

As a small aside, have you noticed how the supermarkets now carry a really decent range of ales?

Waitrose has a whole rack of them, I stand there mesmerised like a kiddy in sweet shop . .

I voted beer as any ice cold beer will do the trick. However, if you want a real thirst quencher try this drink i've mixed up:

Large straight glass full of ice with 1/2 Grapefruit and 1/2 Tonic Water (Schweppes).

:If you like it extra sharp:

1/3 Grapefruit, 1/3 Tonic Water (Schweppes) and 1/3 Bitter Lemon (Scwheppes).

You must use Schweppes where stated as its not sweet like the others.

If it has to be alcohic simply add a good splash of either Gin, Vodka or Malibu or all three. :good:

After i've been out in the Field on hot Day's i love to sit in the Garden

With a COLD bottle of "FURSTY FERRET" :good:

A fellow badger ales man! Top stuff, every single one they do is superb!

Have a crack at a bottle of Blandford Fly, I know its not meant to be too cold but its got a good shot of ginger in it, and its very drinkable cold. Refreshing, spicy and sherbety - a cracking pint (or 5) to end a good days shooing.

They sell cases for delivery on the website, I have used them and they are very decent! :good: :good: :oops:

Bottles of Corona for me, Think Mexican beers are superb summer drinks.

Agreed, corona or sol or something, slice of lime in there, ice cold.

Not just a real ale snob, there is a time and a place for easy drinking strong lager too :good:

Carling Black Label, just before it freezes when you leave it in the ice tray, marvellous :good:

Although, a pint of ice with cider poured over the top is really refreshing, trouble is it mullers me :good::good:

A long gin and tonic.................

Roses lime cordial in a pint of ice.................

I'm going to vote again :oops::oops:

P.

I feel I must put in my ten penith as everyone seems to be going for volume over quality,

I would say a generous snifter of single malt (Lochranza or bit cheaper - Glenmorangie) over 3 rocks and a dash of Soda! :good: Just the ticket, two of those and I am out for the count! Bliss!!

DB

Pin can i get Fursty Ferret Deliverd ?

PELTMAN :good:

Yeah man, no probs!

The website of the makers can be found here. Have a look round and see which ones you fancy.

When you want to order click the links or click this one http://www.badgerdirect.com/

At the moment they are doing a 20% off if you recommend a friend. If you want to order (or anyone else for that matter) lets make a saving and halve the discount ! :oops:

PM me and we will sort a case out each if you like?

Better still (and cheaper) they had a case 16 500ml bottles (4 varieties, including 4 Fursty) for £16 including vat at costco in watford. (first gold x4 really nice, tangle foot x4 also good and Golden glory x4 were the others). Not been over in a while so I have no idea if its still in stock.

I might get over there Sunday, if you want a case picking up let me know

I feel I must put in my ten penith as everyone seems to be going for volume over quality,

I would say a generous snifter of single malt (Lochranza or bit cheaper - Glenmorangie) over 3 rocks and a dash of Soda! :good: Just the ticket, two of those and I am out for the count! Bliss!!

DB

Ice??? Soda?? sacrilege!! :good:

Seriously though, its all about how you enjoy it, I prefer only single malt in my single malt!