night vision copy

stubby

All arrived and I coupled it together and found that the screen kept blowing its 5 amp fuse.

At this stage it is wise to return the screen! I'm interested in how these are working. Personally I cant stand ebay and wouldn't use it as a source of bits apart from getting the right camera everything else is standard kit. BE careful of batteries without a regulated output as many "12V" batteries will push between 15V and 9V across the discharge cycle far too much for many components that will require a regulated supply of 12V+/- 10% or less.

These aren't bulbs!

Edited by HDAV

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HDAV - I am making up a 12v battery pack with AA cells at the moment. That should give it a spot on 12v and low amperage too.

See how that works.

The instructions with these cheapo LCD Reversing Screens tells you to wire the camera to the reversing lamp on the car so you only power the camera when going rearwards. The screen is connected to the normal vehicle system but is only activated when it gets a signal from the camera leads. (You can also feed in a DVD signal via a second set of leads).

Anyway - I'll see how I get on with Mk 2.

Thanks for the advice.

Fister - Nice to hear from you again. It is odd that none of the leaders of this forum followed up with reports on the outcome of their endeavours. Maybe none of them worked...

Edited by Grandalf

seconded, its a bit like trying to make your own scope with a toilet roll, some fuse wire and a couple of magnifying glasses may work for blue peter but thats about it. Obviously if you are super keen it can be bodged together like the night sight but it can be far improved on.

Best camera would be the watec 902h 1/2 but there around £100 each and then you need the lens.

Im going to try the 600 TVL sony 1/3 ccd hd with 9-12 manual focus lens.

dealextreme for camera board

security cam2000 for lens

eblay for 4.3 tft

eblag for lipo battery.

i will make the IR out of old mag light.

all the rest i will make up as i go along.

Have a look at lardy vision or marky vision. two very clever people on youtube.

ATB

Phil.