Test splat

Ant8681

After watching a few of the test splat specials on the F.S channel it got me thinking, paper targets are all good for zeroing etc but when practicing something slightly more exciting is sometimes called for. I was out the other day with my old man and the hw100, he was munching chewits, I shot one of them at 45 yards and it was quite impressive, we then went through a load of other things like strawberries, tomatos, eggs, oranges and a wide selection of other sweets you get the jist. I was wondering what other people use as "reactive" targets??

Ant

After watching a few of the test splat specials on the F.S channel it got me thinking, paper targets are all good for zeroing etc but when practicing something slightly more exciting is sometimes called for. I was out the other day with my old man and the hw100, he was munching chewits, I shot one of them at 45 yards and it was quite impressive, we then went through a load of other things like strawberries, tomatos, eggs, oranges and a wide selection of other sweets you get the jist. I was wondering what other people use as "reactive" targets??

Ant

Rabbits, pigeons spring to mind!!!!!

Ant

just promise us 1 thing don't apply for a proper gun on fac or will be shooting at kettles and frozen chickens next :lol:

just promise us 1 thing don't apply for a proper gun on fac or will be shooting at kettles and frozen chickens next :lol:

Never thought of doing that! Oh and trust me Ant would try it I'm sure.

:lol: :lol:

When you off to Tesco's then mate :lol:

blackcat bangers with a bunch of matches all tied together clip the top of the matches they light and shorten the fuse on the fire work hahaah :) or them fire steels heat it up with a blow tortch then shoot it explodes sending massive hot rocks are fire every were :)

Try eggs good fun :lol: or potatoes with different pellets to see the difference in impact damage to the spuds :good: .

Pointed and domed just put a small hole through the spuds :no: .

Hollow point and flat head loads more damage big holes and splits in the spuds :yes: .

Kids play dough works well to its a good way to see how a pellet dumps its Kinetic energy in to your target and the damage it causes :yahoo: . Happy :shoot::shoot::shoot:

Only to be used in a safe enviroment (i.e. a range) a lighted candle is quite a skill. Light a candle, turn out the lights and fire at the base of the flame to extinguish it. I did this with my club with a charge of a fiver if we broke the candle just to make it a bit more interesting.

ONLY WHEN SAFE!!!!

Only to be used in a safe enviroment (i.e. a range) a lighted candle is quite a skill. Light a candle, turn out the lights and fire at the base of the flame to extinguish it. I did this with my club with a charge of a fiver if we broke the candle just to make it a bit more interesting.

ONLY WHEN SAFE!!!!

What range? Test S. I think at around 20 metres......no probs I think; but not tried it so I speak in ignorance.

Having said that when herself has gone to town (ho ho ho), costs me a ******** fortune but thats my problem ) I shoot the heads off her clematis at 15 metres......only when I'm bored though.

As kids my brothers and i would buy toy soldiers from the 50p stall at the market ( not that anything was fifty p) stand up the blues and green around the end of the garden then you threw a di number in that gave you your number of shots. Five second limit on each shot. One of the few games having the cheaper rifle with open sights was useful. Honed your acquisition skills. Ended up with smashed flower pots. One shed window. A bike sadle and countless yellings at to not shoot the fence

Phone directorys are good for dammage and penetration tests, 2 litre lemonade bottles at 400 yards with the 22-250 they still explode at that range. Oh and my old digital camera with the 17hmr the other day. used to shoot quite a lot of apples off the tree at the bottom of the garden with the airgun and the wasps eating the windfalls :)

Cheapo cans of fizzy pop fron aldi and the like, that have been really well shaken up.(With a safe back stop in place)

Agreed, great fun with hmr :good:

As kids my brothers and i would buy toy soldiers from the 50p stall at the market ( not that anything was fifty p) stand up the blues and green around the end of the garden then you threw a di number in that gave you your number of shots. Five second limit on each shot. One of the few games having the cheaper rifle with open sights was useful. Honed your acquisition skills. Ended up with smashed flower pots. One shed window. A bike sadle and countless yellings at to not shoot the fence

Ha ha, I shot all my Star Wars figures :no: Shame I didn't know they were going to be worth a fortune 25 or so years later :oops:

What range? Test S. I think at around 20 metres......no probs I think; but not tried it so I speak in ignorance.

Having said that when herself has gone to town (ho ho ho), costs me a ******** fortune but thats my problem ) I shoot the heads off her clematis at 15 metres......only when I'm bored though.

Last time i was at 10m but that was with iron sights on a .38 but is hould imagine where you zeroed the gun! :lol: