Jubilee & 2012 in general

CZ550Kevlar

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The queen has offered a great sevice to the country over her life time, that is what we are celebrating. She was even in the womans land army during world war 2 and how she managed to stand waving for four hours on sunday i do not know. The royals live a good life dont get me wrong buts its one they have thrust upon them, constantly under the scrunity off the press and having to preform their public and national duties. In some ways there lives are not so different from a serving member of the MOD .

Well I have been catching up on all things jubilee as I have been working my socks off here.We didn't get two days of despite it being an ex colony. Shame. :angry:

However having seen some of the highlights all I can say to all you party poopers is show some respect. It's your Queen for ***** sake. Yes your Queen. Like it or not she is my Queen and your Queen and she's been doing the job for 60 years. No retirement for her so chillax and enjoy the pomp and ceremony and especially the fireworks. I think we put on a pretty good show.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

Its at times like this that I wish I was French or American.

I think that the Queen has done a good job for the past 60 years and I admire her for it as it is not a job that I would have wanted to do even with all of the money and everything that goes with it living on display all of the time for me is no life.

The thing that is getting me is the attitude of the public if BBC TV and Radio are to be believed all of those people on the streets to look at her as she goes by what is that all about.

In my naive way I have always believed that in time the idea of a hereditary based royal family would die out the idea that just because a person is borne of royal parentage they are there for better that the rest of the people is madness.

I`ve never been Royalist but i have watched bits and pieces of the jubilee celebrations.

I`ll be totally honest, i`m coming out of the celebrations with a certain sense of a "Proud to be British" feeling.

Probably one of the things that i find encouraging is the sort of devil may care attitude of William and Harry but at the same time they can turn on the pomp and ceremony when it matters.

For a long time there were too many hangers on in the Royal family, sucking the life out of the civil list and living in grace and favour appartments at the tax payers expence.

For an 86 year old the Queen looks to be in fine health so here`s to her future years and many more of them. :good:

In my naive way I have always believed that in time the idea of a hereditary based royal family would die out the idea that just because a person is borne of royal parentage they are there for better that the rest of the people is madness.

Being royal doesn't mean being better than everyone else. The devine right of Kings died with Charlse I in the 17th century. On the contrary, the Queen is defined by her sence of duty while it is increasingly her subjects who are driven by a sense of entitlement.

The monarch is a living figurehead which draws the nation together without the divisive influence of politics. Those thousands of people lining the streets to see her were perhaps just enjoying the ever rarer opportunity of comming together with strangers around one institution they have in common which is not politicised, corrupted or debased. It makes people feel part of and proud of their Nation and thankful to be a member of it. Nothing mad about that.

what a wonderful few days, all about pride, patriotism, and simply being proud to be British, I for one thought it was wonderful to watch even with the inane comments from the leftist luvvies of the Beeb, and if anyone thinks they would be better off without our royal heritage please sod off, plenty of places such as Yemen or Syria for you to shout the odds (not)

toodle pip KW

I once swore an Oath of Allegiance to the Queen, her heirs and successors. I was and still am proud to have served under her and would do so again tomorrow given the opportunity.

Much of the world will have looked on in awe at the pomp and pageantry displayed over the last four days and long may it continue.

The Queen stands for all that is good about this country, politicians stand for all that is bad.

Be above politics, be proud :good:

what a wonderful few days, all about pride, patriotism, and simply being proud to be British, I for one thought it was wonderful to watch even with the inane comments from the leftist luvvies of the Beeb, and if anyone thinks they would be better off without our royal heritage please sod off, plenty of places such as Yemen or Syria for you to shout the odds (not)

toodle pip KW

I once swore an Oath of Allegiance to the Queen, her heirs and successors. I was and still am proud to have served under her and would do so again tomorrow given the opportunity.

Much of the world will have looked on in awe at the pomp and pageantry displayed over the last four days and long may it continue.

The Queen stands for all that is good about this country, politicians stand for all that is bad.

Here Here....

why would anyone in their right mind go to Yemen or Syria there both **** tips :lol:

Given the choice ...

A. Live in this country and be ruled by our present Queen.

OR

B. Live in Iraq and be ruled by someone like Sadam, Egypt and Mubarrak or South Africa and Mugabbi?? (I presume i`ve got the pairings right. :lol: )

I know where i`d choose.

Given the choice ...

A. Live in this country and be ruled by our present Queen.

OR

B. Live in Iraq and be ruled by someone like Sadam, Egypt and Mubarrak or South Africa and Mugabbi?? (I presume i`ve got the pairings right. :lol: )

I know where i`d choose.

Your a little out of date with those leaders.

And,..Mugabbi is Zimbabwe... :lol: :lol:

Edited by smig4373

:D

Here Here....

:stupid:

Proud to be British, and a Royalist :good: :good:

As far as I'm concerned we have again shown the world how it's done. Many may not think it but there are many countries out there who wish they had a Royal family like ours :good:

Same here. Over 25 years service to her. Well said.