ramseys f word

king ratcatcher

i did and fair play to ramsey for seeing where his meat comes from.shame it took him so long to get round to finding out though.well explained by the knacker man,looks like a good slaughter house.one of a dying breed i fear.

just been outside for a smoke,reckon the snails i saw can stay out there ! :lol:

Watched it aswell, i was just thinking about what ramsey thought slaughtering pigs would be like before he went in, he seemed rather horrified, what does he expect??

:lol:

Suppose its better than the eastern block side where they chuck the piggies into the boiling vat before they are dead......

Makes me laugh some times when people call me cruel at work for shooting rabbits and pigeons..............oh how little they understand where real food comes from,,,,,,,,,

Beamed down from asdas in pre packaged goodness..........

Yes what a waste of claret. It makes me wonder what they use nowadays for black pudding or do they mix up all the blood from the days kills :lol:

Held the bucket when I was a kid and the only bit of the pig not used was the tapeworms and some gland thats poisonous.

LB

Watched it aswell, i was just thinking about what ramsey thought slaughtering pigs would be like before he went in, he seemed rather horrified, what does he expect??

;)

Suppose its better than the eastern block side where they chuck the piggies into the boiling vat before they are dead......

Makes me laugh some times when people call me cruel at work for shooting rabbits and pigeons..............oh how little they understand where real food comes from,,,,,,,,,

Beamed down from asdas in pre packaged goodness..........

:lol:

I used to be a butcher many years ago, once worked at one were the animals were slaughtered on the premises as well as being butchered there, and you learned to respect the animal, the whole process was carefully orchestrated from start to finish, ( butchers cannot afford to waste meat) customers were always well informed if they asked about the welfare of the animals and where they came fron and how best to cook the meat, we explained that a well "marbled" piece of beef was normal and you dont need extra fat to cook it with, pork with a good 1/2 - 3/4 inch of back fat tasted better and do you get this advice from ASDA MORRISSONS SAINSBURY AND TESCO NO ;) because they dont care :P

My BBQ this week end will have meat from a local Farm Shop, meat is labeled so you can see where it came from and it will taste of something and will be succulent, it will cost more but worth every penny :lol:

RANT OVER

I think we are slowly going full circle in the UK with regards to meat, we wil end up having it as a delicacy once in a while, as the penny slowly drops that a 5kg chicken that costs £1.99 can't have had a vey good life - and tastes like ****. We can't afford to buy from our local fancy butcher, but all the meat we eat is the best available from Waitrose, and that costs enough thanks very much :lol:

I watched a couple of the early programmes , but I believe they are spoilt by Ramsey going "over the top", its almost as if he has become a caricature of himself.

Lots of "celebrities" make this mistake and eventually disappear, being remembered more for their affected eccentricities, than the actual subject matter.

Remember Magnus (windmill arms) Pike, or David ( mumble,luvverly soil, mumble) Bellamy ?

I like him, but I have to agree Cranners, it's all marketing.

He was swearing and standing so close he was spitting in the faces of the women from Chelsea - was that really necessary?, of course not, but it was expected.

My mates missus pointed out that he always takes his shirt off, why? he is a cook, why does he need to do that? - because women have asked for it. Now he takes his shirt off in the intro to every program!

My mates missus pointed out that he always takes his shirt off, why? he is a cook, why does he need to do that? - because women have asked for it. Now he takes his shirt off in the intro to every program!

I think he takes his shirt off because he loves himself ;)

It is good to see programmes on TV trying to educate the masses about food. I think his slot where he shows someone how to cook a decent meal is good. Couple of weeks ago it was a single Dad who wanted to give the kids something better then burgers and chips when they came over for the weekend and he really got something out of it.

This country has forgotten where meat comes from. I think supermarkets should be made to display the living conditions of the animal on the packet. They wouldn't sell many of those £1.99 chickens if it showed the battery cages on the packet.

Don't even get me started on KFC :lol:

I think he takes his shirt off because he loves himself :P

It is good to see programmes on TV trying to educate the masses about food. I think his slot where he shows someone how to cook a decent meal is good. Couple of weeks ago it was a single Dad who wanted to give the kids something better then burgers and chips when they came over for the weekend and he really got something out of it.

This country has forgotten where meat comes from. I think supermarkets should be made to display the living conditions of the animal on the packet. They wouldn't sell many of those £1.99 chickens if it showed the battery cages on the packet.

Don't even get me started on KFC :no:

I know what you mean there matey. My mother bought a pack of asdas "el cheapo" chicken legs. they were all about the length of my little finger and yet realy fat. The majority of the legs were broken with the bones sticking through and she's telling me they're a good buy!! :lol:

Well i soon put her straight on why they're so cheap and why they're all broken and about the poor living conditions of the chickens. She mumbled something and wen't off. I went online and found pictures of typical living conditions of such birds and she was jenuinley shocked. Now i'm not much of a protestor and am normaly quite laid back but perhaps we should all get such photos and set up outside our local kfc's at the same time to get the public to see where there foods coming from!

Try these links for a start:

http://www.all-creatures.org/articles/egg-break-corpses.html

http://www.justiceforanimals.co.za/battery..._suffering.html

Watched it last night. It seems, Mr Ramsy got a bit of a shock, brought him back down to earth, bloody serves him right. :no:

The real world is getting further away from these people, people who live in plastic bubles.

I thought the slauter man was very good and explained everything very well indeed.

As for the blood, if you looked closely below the pig, you would of seen it collecting in a vat below, for the famouse black pud. :lol:

Frank.

I have worked in a slaughterhouse for the last 20yrs,The animals are treated with respect and care.If a slaughterman is caught mistreating a animal he can be prosecuted,we have a vet on site all the time we are killing along with meat inspecters.I think the main problem with supermarket meat is that it is proccessed within 24-36 hours after killing,where as the small slaughterhouses and butchers hang there meat for a while.A lot of our meat on the supermarket shelves comes from over seas and the quality isn't as good as ours in my opinion

Gord did look very grey faced watching but he did watch. Jamie oliver last week said he killed a sheep but he had his eyes shut & the owner of the sheep held Jamies hand with the knife in & killed the sheep himself.

My wife came home with some steaks from Tesco, on the lable it said HUNG FOR 21 DAYS. still looked like it had just come straight from the field & was tough as old boots.So i'm sticking to my Muntjac, Free range & a good life. :P

PELTMAN

I wonder if any of the tabloids will have an article on it moaning about how it is cruel to kill animals on televison. When he did the turkeys last year the daily **** had an article written I think by the same person that did an anti coursing one in there a while ago on the Waterloo Cup and completely one sided. She said that it was shocking that they showed it on television when children might be watching and how they were brutally electrocuted before being killed. One of the children even asked if they could keep the head.

Just because she was a townie that buys packaged meat she thought that actually seeing what happens was wrong. It asked you to type what you thought on their website and she got a complete battering by people with half a brain.

FM :D

Here is the channel 4 forum. http://community.channel4.com/eve/forums/a...47/m/3210098485 They are talking about killing the pigs and their is a mix of views. One person thinks it was heartless of Gordon to be in there while they were killed. :P And another thought it made bad televison and shouldn't be shown. WELL DON'T WATCH IT THEN YOU FOOL!