Gay marraige in church.

Frenchieboy

"Gay Marraiges" in Church.  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Should the church allow "Gay Narraiges?

• YES
    • NO

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have read all this with interest - some great comments - some inevitably dreadful and prejudiced beyond belief.

However, Pigeon Watch itself is a very broad church in that its forums cover such diverse subjects such as this - I certainly dont focus on or think about Gay marriage in church when I am out shooting or doing anything else for that matter!

I cannot begin to think that admin and the mods would have ever imagined that these sort of topics would have ever made it onto the Pigeon Watch website when they set it up all those years ago - it just goes to show what a valuable place PW is for discussion - most of it well informed, much of it interesting and just a small minority of it prejudiced through ignorance or a lack of understanding.

However, in the latter case, the mods step in and chide or advise and, if that does not work, delete offensive posts or lock the topic. Problems solved

...... not every one is Christian and Christianity does NOT own the definition of marriage.

It does if you want to get married in a church and use the rituals of the church and the blessing of God. If something is an abomination/detestable in the eyes of God then church is not the place for that thing.

Actually that's an interesting point about kids. My hairdresser is gay (I know, amazing isn't it...), he's the same age as me and I know, when we talk about my son, a wistful look comes into his eye and I know part of him would love to have been a father. Don't get me wrong, I think he's pretty much 100% gay but I know him pretty well and personally I think he would have made a great dad.

Shame really.

Are you comming out on PW?

Is this a first?

It does if you want to get married in a church and use the rituals of the church and the blessing of God. If something is an abomination/detestable in the eyes of God then church is not the place for that thing.

Of course thats the case, i don't think anybody is advocating forcing a church to marry homosexuals. But if the church is okay with it, why not?

Genesis 17:14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.

Only applies to the Jews and as they consistently broke other convenantal laws they got exiled. Your other misgivings are, it wasn`t rabbits as they didn`t have them and they do not chew cud or have cloven hoofs and Peter sorts all that out for once and for all along with Jesus and Peter sorting out circumcision and other empty worship.

Of course thats the case, i don't think anybody is advocating forcing a church to marry homosexuals. But if the church is okay with it, why not?

We now need a definition of "the church", the building, the creed, the people, clergy, Bishops....... ?

Marriage between differing sexes in church is actually outdated and meaningless in religious terms these days.

However that said, Ive always been uneasy about gay relationships in either sex having a religious wedding under the auspices of the C of E. Its OK for those RC's of course and Muslims as homosexuality has been rife in their denominations going back thousands of years.

This weekend we witnessed the celebrations of the Monarch, the Supreme Govenor of the Church of England, she would probably frown upon it as would most practicing Anglicans

After all the holy trinity is Father, Son and Holy Ghost not Father, Son and Husband.

Ive no problem with Gays..I met several on the recent Cotswold meet up even shared a room with one ;):lol: ...but its against my principle beliefs that I was christened and confirmed into and church marriages for Gay couples dont sit too easily with me Im afraid.

Those R,Cs as you call us Get bad press because of bad people who did Evil things but don't think that makes us all rampant Homosexuals either.

i dont agree with gay mariage. I might be old fashioned and this is just my personal oppinion, regardless of religion. but i beleive that its wrong for a church to marry 2 men or 2 women , im sick to death of having it thrown in my face. it wasnt mentioned when i was growing up and i prefer it that way. what ever way it gets dressed up, i think its very wrong. my grandfather fought in the trenches for this country, and he was a very proud man, but hed turn in his grave if he could see what is becoming the normality of todays age

Homosexuality is not natural? then why is it observed in the natural world ALL THE TIME?

It isn't....... :huh:

Of course thats the case, i don't think anybody is advocating forcing a church to marry homosexuals.

That is precisely what is being advocated. That's what this whole debate is about, isn't it? There is plenty of discussion about forcing the church to perform gay marriages. What a peculiar comment :blink:

Forcing a church to marry? i don't think anybody in there right mind is advocating that, the poll simply says should churches "allow", not force... nobody in there right mind would wish to force churches, that isn't even up for debate. The original post does not mention forcing either.. maybe thats why the poll results are so pathetic, people are voting 'No' against forcing churches to marry? my faith in humanity has been resorted slightly...

And homosexuality isn't observed in nature? really? are you serious? have you watched the discovery channel? in case you havn't:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

. A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them

Homosexuality is natural, no two ways about it.

Edited by gazzthompson

If two men love each other enough to take each other up the aisle I have no problem with it.

I do not think the vicars will marry gay men unless they get sucked in to doing it. :good:

Subtle, but oh so wrong! :lol:

Frenchie, as far as not going against what the bible says, it's full of exhortations to commit rape, murder, take slaves etc, just one of many, many examples:

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

It also says you should put to death for striking your father, or committing adultery, or for committing blasphemy, for not keeping the Sabbath etc, etc. So I ask you in all seriousness, do you REALLY believe we should not go against what the bible says?

Just about sums up religion to me. I see your point but if you only follow the bible when you agree with it and not completely then what's the point in following it at all?

post-3640-0-47579800-1339056246.jpg

Edit... After completely going off track I forgot to add that I have nothing against gays or gay marriage. They have the same right to be joined as the rest of us. But in a church... I think it's wrong, the bible clearly states it and is either completely right or completely wrong.

Edited by njc110381

I don't think we'd be having this conversation if the whole gay scene had not become a fashion statement, public figures like Elton John have promoted the gay thing and it's almost as if being straight is out of fashion, and I'm damn well pleased to say I'm out of fashion.

As others have said gays seem to think they have the right to everything and they deserve special treatment.