Shooting over a footy pitch

madkarter

As I say, plod have given green light :-/

Is this an FAC air rifle you have? I ask because you have not mentioned it but it's sod all to do with plod if not - which I'm guessing is why they have 'given the green light' It's now't to do with them if you use a shottie there either.

Is this an FAC air rifle you have? I ask because you have not mentioned it but it's sod all to do with plod if not - which I'm guessing is why they have 'given the green light' It's now't to do with them if you use a shottie there either.

its technically "nothing to do with them" in any shooting situation if you have a license the correct gun and permission (not sure why you ask if FAC air vs non FAC Air as it makes no difference), but anyone shooting at night, in residential areas, near an area that is likely to receive a call to the police about "man with gun" is a fool if they don't log in.

its a 30 sec call that might save you 6 hours of armed response unit and ******* around

its technically "nothing to do with them" in any shooting situation if you have a license the correct gun and permission (not sure why you ask if FAC air vs non FAC Air as it makes no difference), but anyone shooting at night, in residential areas, near an area that is likely to receive a call to the police about "man with gun" is a fool if they don't log in.

its a 30 sec call that might save you 6 hours of armed response unit and ******* around

It does make a difference bud. A new FAC shooter would likely be restricted to cleared land - but the land doesn't sound like it would get cleared. I asked because seeking approval to shoot there sugests he might be using an FAC air rifle and invited clarification. If not there would have been no reason to ask plod for the green light and they can't deny him permission to shoot sub 12 ftlb or shottie on private land.

It wouldn't save me six hours of ******* about because it doesn't sound like a place I would shoot in daylight - the only time the permitted quarry could legally be shot.

I'm guessing you must look a right dodgy bloke if an ARU has detained you for SIX HOURS, or were you just playing a bit of feminine dramatics? :lol:

Edited by Dave-G

It does make a difference bud. A new FAC shooter would likely be restricted to cleared land - but the land doesn't sound like it would get cleared. I asked because seeking approval to shoot there sugests he might be using an FAC air rifle and invited clarification. If not there would have been no reason to ask plod for the green light and they can't deny him permission to shoot sub 12 ftlb or shottie on private land.

It wouldn't save me six hours of ******* about because it doesn't sound like a place I would shoot in daylight - the only time the permitted quarry could legally be shot.

I'm guessing you must look a right dodgy bloke if an ARU has detained you for SIX HOURS, or were you just playing a bit of feminine dramatics? :lol:

No I have an open FAC and didnt think of that but have never heard of land needing to be cleared for FAC Air. That sounds ridiculous! What next "clearance for catapults"?!

No I have an open FAC and didnt think of that but have never heard of land needing to be cleared for FAC Air. That sounds ridiculous! What next "clearance for catapults"?!

Whilst I agree it sounds tedious - I had to have land cleared for FAC air rifle use on sports fields when I had my closed ticket. The local parish council objected to me shooting there - and I'm told the police requested proof of the rabbit problem from owners who showed the rabbits were causing major damage to turf that could cause injury to players ankles. Health and safety won the day because the owners emphasised their right to do as they wanted on their land. I've no complaints because I understand that 'good reason has to be shown.

For the record - I only shoot there deep into the night and disappear as soon as dog walkers show up to tresspass there. :/

This is sounding like a real can of worms, makes you wonder why the guy with the rabbit rights isn't doing the birds!?!?!

Probably because he don't want to be there during the day. Pigeons are hardly vermin to a football pitch unless someone is really desperate for a **** permission.

Edited by Dave-G

Whilst I agree it sounds tedious - I had to have land cleared for FAC air rifle use on sports fields when I had my closed ticket. The local parish council objected to me shooting there - and I'm told the police requested proof of the rabbit problem from owners who showed the rabbits were causing major damage to turf that could cause injury to players ankles. Health and safety won the day because the owners emphasised their right to do as they wanted on their land. I've no complaints because I understand that 'good reason has to be shown.

For the record - I only shoot there deep into the night and disappear as soon as dog walkers show up to tresspass there. :/

how tedious.

I shoot over a sports complex as well as they have massive holes in the sandy based pitches from rabbits and foxes.

I work on the "be invisible" principle as well!

its just easier!

Are we talking about wood pigeon or ferals, cant see where it will fit in with the general licence as I doubt the groundsman will be seeding this time of year.

Also surely the pitch is the property of a local council and I doubt very much if they would want any tom **** or harry shooting it surely if there is a serious problem which I doubt as the pigeon are most likely eating clover and doing the ground keeper a favour,then they would call in a licensed pest controller.

You must be crazy if you are even thinking about using a shotgun on there.