Vixen and Cubs.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hmm::hmm: do you get the feeling fox control on neighbouring land would involve A LOT of time chasing many well educated foxes <_<

so thats at least 3 fox dens with litters, supposedly more than enough rabbits to keep said foxes fed, do you do a lot of shooting Mr Frenchie? :P

my land borders most of his so you can see by most of my posts im kept busy... :yes::yes:

In conclusion it strikes me that there are several different types of people on here that have offered replies! There are some that give the impression that "the only good fox is a dead fox", there are a few that give the impression that everything that is listed as either "vermin" or "a pest" should be shot in sight, and there are some that just want to spend their time trying to fault others! Neither I nor the farmer in question believe in the principal that "The only good fox is a dead fox" - I never have and never will. If that is a principal that you want to believe in then that is your choice. If you want to use the "mindset" that every thing that is classed as vermin or that is "legal to shoot" should be shot immediately on sight then that is your choice but it is certainly not a choice that I would ever opt for!

As for those that just live to try to fault others, what can I say? I have recently found that I have grown much thicker skin and I have been able to start recognising the "Finding fault just for the sport of it" brigade so I am not going to "bite" or "play along with them", I have better and more constructive things to do with my time!

Edit: Just to add for those that think my videos are pointless or a load of rubbish and a waste of your time watching them!

There is a simple answer/solution to that:

On your computor screen there is a pointer, this is known as a "Cursor". The cursor is controlled by your mouse. Your mouse is controlled by your hand! Unless you have some form of disability you are in complete controll of your mouse and cursor, and you decide what you allow it to click on to. If you don't like the videos that I do then don't click on to them!

Well said that man :good:

All i can say is think twice about what you post :look: :look:

not at all it was a good video, a bit like watching springwatch which I can't watch without getting this itchie trigger finger. Its purely some of us know what foxes do and once you've seen it a few times you start to get over the cute and fluffy image that springwatch etc like to give and look at the bigger picture.

my land borders most of his so you can see by most of my posts im kept busy... :yes::yes:

As I had said just a few posts earlier as far as I was concerned it was "job done" with the vixen and 3 out of the 4 cubs. As such I had no real intention to replying to any more posts or comments on this thread but I will reply to this one as it seems that it is "having a pop at me" just for the sake of it - If this comment is not meant to appear that way then I will appologise in advance, but just in case it is then I will take this opportunity to "defend" myself!

I agree from your posts that we can all see that we can all see that you keep yourself quite busy Richie! What you don't often say is which of your permissions you are kept so busy on, and I am not asking for details of your permissions by saying that! You have a permission that borders ONE of my many permissions in that area agreed, but it also borders land that several/many other shooters have permission on.

Maybe you could cast your mind back to when I took you out on this exact permission to lamp foxes on a near "perfect lamping night" some 12 months or so ago (I can't remember the exact date)? As you will recall over a period of about 3 or more hours of good lamping conditions we only spotted 2 foxes - The big black one (Which to the best of my knowledge no-one has managed to tag yet) and one other which I allowed you to shoot (Where I congratulated you on such a remarlably good shot at long range)! This would surely suggest that the foxes are in general kept in pretty lowish numbers on this permission would it not?

You could of course be refering to the land that you shoot on behind the old maggot factory of course! If this is the case then the permission that I have up there which adjoins yours I do not bother shooting on any more and haven't done for some 18 months or more as the landowner appears to allow just about any shooter to shoot there without having to notifying him of their intentions first so there are safety issues that concern me. This is in fact a shame as it could produce some plentiful fox shooting as it is widely believed that the RSPCA (Or some other Animal Welfare Organisation) use this area as a release site, something that they will obviously deny but something that I am sure that you are perfectly aware of! Could it be that these are the foxes that keep you so busy?

To add to this, if I am not so good at fox control (as might are "suggesting") then why is it that any time I take other shooters out on any of my permissions (Something that I do fairly regularly with both members and non members of PigeonWatch) we are lucky if we see one (or two foxes maximum) on any visit either in daylight or on the lamp! Surely this would "suggest" that the foxes on my permissions are kept under reasonable control!

If anyone wants to have a bit of a dig at me then fair enough I can handle it,(Especially if it is justified) but at least PLEASE try to keep things in context.

In conclusion - As far as I am concerned the situation is all done and dusted so I do not need to justify myself any further nor do I need to post any further comments on this thread!

Edited by Frenchieboy

Ultimately, if frenchieboy wants to wait - he can. It's his permission and he calls the shots (or not) which seem to be in accordance and agreement with the land owner. People will agree. People will disagree. There are reasons for and reasons against. Personally, I would have taken something else to take shots other than the camera. Each to their own at the end of the day. It is clear frenchie has helped a good few newbies and old timers alike. High five.

If anyone wants to have a bit of a dig at me then fair enough I can handle it,(Especially if it is justified) but at least PLEASE try to keep things in context.

In conclusion - As far as I am concerned the situation is all done and dusted so I do not need to justify myself any further nor do I need to post any further comments on this thread!

(In conclusion - As far as I am concerned the situation is all done and dusted so I do not need to justify myself any further nor do I need to post any further comments on this thread!)

Can we have that in writing? :D

TEH

Ok i can see both sides ( i will keep my comments to myself )

But why the **** would you try calling them if you are going to take care of them in another week :blink:

What was you going to do if they come running in :bye2: :bye2: :bye2:

ask them to carry the tripod :lol:

If they need thinning out, then shoot em. If they are not doing any damage, let em be.

in defence for frencieboy and fox numbers around his permissions,i work on the so called maggot farm and have done for many years,the fox numbers around the area are the lowest they have been for years,i run fox snares all round the site and numbers are low so far,i also shoot probaly one of the biggest sheep farms in the area,which when i first started had problems,but this year has been very slow,so it's seems which ever way the fox,s turn they wiil meet there maker.

You carry on doing what you want frenchie,let the others just tick tock on. :yes:

fb i do understand what people are saying about if the foxes are there yes get rid asap i would because at the end of the day if you don't do it someone will but on the other hand you know when its the best time to do it mate everyone to there own i say example on the three golf course i shoot the secretary said i want the rabbits got rid don't care if there baby's if i don't do it he would get some one else but my attitude why shoot u ground out but its your land you know best so crack on mate never mind what anyone else thinks :good: :good: :good: great vid anyway fb and your fox caller still working a treat :good: :good: :good:

One of the farms that I regularly shoot on has three foxes earths all with cubs. The farmer has asked me to "thin them out when I feel that the time is right" so I went out yesterday evening to have a good look at one of the earths to see how well developed the cubs were. The other two earths are in a lot of undergrowth so not so easy to film.

From what I can see even though the cubs are very well developed there is still a chance that the vixen is suckling them a bit so I will wait till I am sure that they are fully weaned.

I quite enjoy watching cubs at play so this video was a real pleasure to film. I hope you all enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed filming it!

ime like you pal,ive got 3 lots of cubs to shoot soon, ive done that blowing up cubs size of kittens,not for me any more,may be its an age thing, but just the way some people work.come late sumer its a differnt story. Edited by simon6ppc

Hey Frencie maybe you should start a thread entitled "Farmer told me not to shoot but I shot anyway, what do the folks of Pigeonwatch think?" and see the replies you get :lol:

Sadly there are some on here that love to slag you off regardless of what you post! Yes there may well be arguements for both ways of dealing with these cubs BUT there was only one way to deal with the cubs in your videos and that was the way you done it, because those were the instructions of the landowner!

Guys sorry to say this but some of you come accross as complete tossers the way you single this guy out all the time! If you dont like his post DONT READ THEM! :no: