Worst interview ever?

ack-ack

Think I had my worst today. I'd genned up, looked the part, had some pertinent questions lined up for the inevitable at the end but when it came to it I stammered and waffled the whole way through and gave a very poor account of myself. Had I not been too bothered about getting it I'd have been more relaxed and perhaps delivered but it was excrutiating. Poor old ack-ack sat on a wobbly chair in the open getting broadside after broadside from five clued up chaps.

The low point had to be the 'what can you bring to the organisation?' question. The look on my face must have said it all :lol:

Chuffing hell!!!!

Any good interview epic fails that you can share?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yes but the boot was on the other shoe!

Interviewed a fella for a job but he fetched up 2 hours late. His excuse was he got lost enroute. My first question ( as I'd read his cv and was having a laugh)'what was 'what was your last military post?'

Answer

'I was in logistics'

How we laughed! :lol:

Think I had my worst today. I'd genned up, looked the part, had some pertinent questions lined up for the inevitable at the end but when it came to it I stammered and waffled the whole way through and gave a very poor account of myself. Had I not been too bothered about getting it I'd have been more relaxed and perhaps delivered but it was excrutiating. Poor old ack-ack sat on a wobbly chair in the open getting broadside after broadside from five clued up chaps.

The low point had to be the 'what can you bring to the organisation?' question. The look on my face must have said it all :lol:

Chuffing hell!!!!

Hey Rob, So sorry abt the interview.....pants. That job was right up your street.

Better luck next time.

All the best from Essex

TEH

You never know, you may be still in the running, fingers crossed for you :good:

I dont think i have ever had a proper interview....had a few relaxing chats over a coffee etc and answered a few questions but never had to carryout a presentation or sit in front of a panel for a job before,,,which is great believe me :lol::D

I went for an interveiw with Allinsons Flour back in the 60's. I was offered a Cup of tea which I accepted, only to get my Bakers Hand finger stuck in the delicate bone china cup handle and could not put the cup down, or as I tried to make out I was taking lots of small sips.

At the end of the interview I was unable to shake hands, until I had removed the cup, we all smiled and laughed, (embarressed laughter).

I never got the position.

I went for an interveiw with Allinsons Flour back in the 60's. I was offered a Cup of tea which I accepted, only to get my Bakers Hand finger stuck in the delicate bone china cup handle and could not put the cup down, or as I tried to make out I was taking lots of small sips.

At the end of the interview I was unable to shake hands, until I had removed the cup, we all smiled and laughed, (embarressed laughter).

That's because they though you were light fingered :lol:

Again, boot on the other foot. We interviewed a guy who had obviously lied on his cv because he knew nothing about what he'd claimed to have done, contradicted himself about when he'd worked where and then launched into a racist tirade about the '####' at his old job.

Suffice to say he didn't get through to the next round.

I've had my fair share of interviews where I've thought of brilliant examples and answers on the drive home.

Chin up fella, everything happens for a reason.

Went for an interview at a large glazing comapny once it was Swedish owned and I applied for the job as a Contracts manager.

I was supposed to meat a Mr Aangstrom at 9 30. when I got there the receptionist said he was running late on his previous appointment by about an hour and I should go to the cafe area and help myself to coffee. The place was deserted apart from the Janitor/Waiter/Odd job man who was very helpful at putting me at ease and sat chatting with me for about an hour whilst we waited for Mr Aangstrom.

Whats he like I asked. Proper **** came the reply Ive been here 7 years and nobody has had a good word to say about him you will be lucky to get the job. Plus hes a real slave driver and if things go tits up always looks to blame someone other than himself. However he is always first in and last to leave.

Crikey he does sound like a miserable **** I said thats the trouble with the Swedes they are a miserable bunch of ******* all they want to do is sit in a sauna all day and **** each other.. We laughed he lit up a ciggy and dissapeared with his broom.

The receptionist came and got me after about 2 hours and I had drunk so much coffee I was burtsing for a pee.

I went to the gents and there was another bloke in there suited and booted, another interviewee. "How did you get on he asked me." "Havent seen him yet I said.. the Miserable old ****** has kept me waiting for 2 hours. I hate people who arent punctual shows a complete lack of respect "

Then it dawned on me this was the guy I was supposed to be meeting. " Your Ben Aangstrom I spluttered " no im his brother Ian and Vice chairman. Ben is in that cubicle... the door swung open and out walked the Janitor chap in a crisp suit who I had been sat with previously.

I didnt get the Job but cant help thinking I was trussed up like a Christmas Turkey.

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Oh yes but the boot was on the other shoe!

Interviewed a fella for a job but he fetched up 2 hours late. His excuse was he got lost enroute. My first question ( as I'd read his cv and was having a laugh)'what was 'what was your last military post?'

Answer

'I was in logistics'

How we laughed! :lol:

Fantastic :lol:

You never know, you may be still in the running, fingers crossed for you :good:

Cheers buddy but I think this one was more a case of dead at the scene rather than died in hospital if you catch my drift. :lol:

I've had my fair share of interviews where I've thought of brilliant examples and answers on the drive home.

Cheers Dave, it was a case of exactly that.

Quality one! :lol::lol:

Not a interview as such but I had a part time job for the tourist agency once and had a guy coming to see me from route master...he rang me at 1.30 an hour late and said where abouts in Chichester is your Office...it aint I said its in Cirencester...

I think we actually bought some of his maps later that day. :yes:

Chuffing hell!!!!

I had one like that last January low and behold I got the job chin up you never know :good:

Sorry about the interview Ack-Ack - it sounds like you had a right grilling in a proper old-fashioned style.

Worst interview was when I was after a barrel to put my current (tight arrissed) employer over. It was with a pair of Interior Designers who wanted another team member from an Architectural background.

As an example one question was on hobbies and I said I had a couple of guitars. 'Acoustic or electric?' they asked. 'Acoustic,' I replied. 'I've got a few axes, I hate acoustics' the interviewer snorted :rolleyes: .

It went on... I said 'coffee', they said 'tea'. I said 'tactile timber', they said 'lovely laminate' :blink: :lol: . I just couldn't say anything right at all - it was laughable, really. I just felt as though everything I said was challenged for the hell of it. Bizarrely, I was exactly what they were looking for technically, but they just couldn't work with someone who was so poles apart personally :lol: :lol: :lol: . At least I wasn't desperate for the job.

Oh yeah, and..

265.jpg

And it can always go wrong at the appraisal...

That a cracking link Duncan :lol::lol:

Ah well never mind, "its better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all" its all experience. :good:

So we shalnt be celebrating with scrumpy then mate :rolleyes:

Not tonight chap though I shall be sending Graham a bottle. Are you partial? More than happy to ping you one also for your assistance chap.