Howa 1500 .223

libs

Chaps...

Does any one own a Howa 1500,especially in .223. I'm considering picking up one of these new with a Nikko Sterling 3-12x on it as a package.

So please post any horror stories or praise below. Also what sort of price should I be looking at for Rifle + Mounts + Nikko Sterling scope?

Cheers.

I bought a howa 1500 .223 black for £485, didn't go for the package deal, Only problems I've had is just me being new to centerfire found it hard to get used to, now I'm used to it I can get 6 shots in a inch group, over all a very nice gun,

*It was also bought new not secondhand*

my pal bought one in 223 a few months ago with a nikon prostaff 3-9x50 and its is a very accurate gun. with ppu 55gr soft points it can shoot just under an inch and with the reloads i use in my a-bolt it can make one ragged hole, 3/8-1/2 inch. good gun for the money :good:.

• 2 months later...

Just bought the howa 1500 in black in .243, 20" fluted barrell, nikko Stirling euro hunter 3-12x56 illuminated dot scope, flambeau hard case, mounts, scope rail and sonic 45 moderator.

hi mate .

thinking of getting one of these what do you think of the total package .vfm.or not. cheers alan.

have seen it priced at £899.cant find any other prices anywhere

Highland Outdoors are doing a great deal on a Howa package at the moment, rifle, scope, bipod, mag conversion and even a carry case, all for £899, there is even a review of it here http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/224543-violent-poachers-tackle-gun-show-riflescope-combos/

should tell you everything you need to know.....

got myself a heavy barelled version in cammo .223 1 : 12 twister, wildcat mod i have noticed when the mod is on the barrel touches stock,seems to shoot ok though going to try some cheap steel cased ammo through it tomorrow just out of curiosity 55g barnaul

mikky

NO NO dont if its wolf ammo howa have a tight chamber and the case will stick ,if you do try it ,try the first round very slowly when you shut the bolt ,if any Resistance then stop ,and take a cleaning rod with you so you can remove the empty case

got myself a heavy barelled version in cammo .223 1 : 12 twister, wildcat mod i have noticed when the mod is on the barrel touches stock,seems to shoot ok though going to try some cheap steel cased ammo through it tomorrow just out of curiosity 55g barnaul

mikky

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: