avoid .......

snipper

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the replys chaps :)

it was an epoxy glue they used :rolleyes:

after 12months the warranty stands at webleys feet by law ........ all the spares where bought by chambers for the older style

semi autos and we all know how dear they are ......

next port of call for him is BASC i think :hmm:

Check the fine print and sale of goods act only the retailer is responsible..... Webley went bust years ago iirc highland outdoors owns the name?

As far as I'm aware the seller is responsible in this instance-when you bought the gun you entered into a contract to purchase an item that,by law,must be fit for purpose-this gun is clearly not of sufficient quality.I was considering a new B725 from them-they can swivel.

Edited by bruno22rf

I'd be embarrassed to use that as a peg marker knocked into a muddy field - nevermind as a gun! I wouldn't have even taken it out of the shop!

Take it back and ram it up the guy who fixed it's rectum...

Regards

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

the warranty claim would be against the manufacture ....... the contract with the seller is only for the 1st 12 months (sale of goods act )

regarding highland outdoors ........ who are this lot then http://www.webley.co.uk/home/index/4371.1 who i contacted :hmm:

Didn't know webley had a seperate site, hopefully they will come good, sale of goods goes beyond 12 months eu law is "reasonable time there is no strict 12 month limit, as for "lifetime" that has small print to go through and comply with.

Didn't know webley had a seperate site, hopefully they will come good, sale of goods goes beyond 12 months eu law is "reasonable time there is no strict 12 month limit, as for "lifetime" that has small print to go through and comply with.

thanks ..... i know there is no set limit of 12mths for the sale of goods act but after 12mths the claim lays at the feet of the manufacture ?

thanks ..... i know there is no set limit of 12mths for the sale of goods act but after 12mths the claim lays at the feet of the manufacture ?

Always retailer http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/understanding-the-sale-of-goods-act/your-rights/ is a good guide, manufacturers normally assist the retailer but the manufacture has no contract with at all!

From which site:

Six months...and counting

If your claim is about a problem that arises within six months of buying the product, it's up to the retailer to prove that the goods were of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, or 'as described' when it sold them e.g. by showing that the problem was caused by an external factor such as accidental damage. Beyond six months, it's up to you to prove that the problem was there when you received the goods even if it has taken until now to come to light.

So you may need to prove that the fault was not down to ordinary wear and tear or damage you caused, and that the product (or a component) should have lasted longer than it did. To do this you may need an expert's report, for example from an engineer or mechanic.

Edited by HDAV

just emailed highland outdoors with a link to this thread to see what they have to say ( if they are honoring warranty's)

I wouldn't have done that myself but hey ho, I would certainly write to the retailer rejecting the "repair" worth a call to CA or TS as well

If all else fails, and you get no satisfaction whatsoever, could it be welded back on? Or brazed maybe?

If people reckon so, you're welcome to send it my way, and I'll have a go for you. Do a pretty neat job so I'm told. You'd lose the surrounding area of Camo of course.

Good luck

P

If all else fails, and you get no satisfaction whatsoever, could it be welded back on? Or brazed maybe?

If people reckon so, you're welcome to send it my way, and I'll have a go for you. Do a pretty neat job so I'm told. You'd lose the surrounding area of Camo of course.

Good luck

P

Silver solder would be my choice, I reckon it would have to be proofed afterwards.

Silver solder would be my choice, I reckon it would have to be proofed afterwards.

I don't think it would need proofing, easily fixed if your happy to loose chunks of camo! Replacement barrel assembly is the answer but hopefully it will be sorted under warranty by highland outdoors

Take my advice and contact trading standards, the supplier of the gun are responsible for the item being fit for purpose. I would think that the rib becoming detatched from the barrel is a clear case of your gun not being fit for purpose. You should get a propper repair or a new gun.

• 2 weeks later...