Staggering ignorance and bigotry

I dont know if anyone here has seen this before, but a shooting friend of mine showed me this the other day and i though i should post it here just to show you what we are up against. I really dont have any words, never have i seen so much uninformed and sanctimonious bile spewed from one group of people. If this is the mindset of the majority of the public in this country, shooting and gun ownership really doesnt stand a chance. I hope these people are just a very vocal minority.

Heres the link - http://www.facebook.com/Ban.Guns.UK

You can try and put your views on there if you want, but if it is anything other than "Hurr durr, guns are evil, they should all be banned only the government should have them, all gun owners are baby killing psychopaths", expect to be blocked and have your comments deleted, as both me and my friend found out. <_<

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if anyone here has seen this before, but a shooting friend of mine showed me this the other day and i though i should post it here just to show you what we are up against. I really dont have any words, never have i seen so much uninformed and sanctimonious bile spewed from one group of people. If this is the mindset of the majority of the public in this country, shooting and gun ownership really doesnt stand a chance. I hope these people are just a very vocal minority.

Heres the link - http://www.facebook.com/Ban.Guns.UK

You can try and put your views on there if you want, but if it is anything other than "Hurr durr, guns are evil, they should all be banned only the government should have them, all gun owners are baby killing psychopaths", expect to be blocked and have your comments deleted, as both me and my friend found out. <_<

Someone should start one called "Ban Ban Guns" then they could retaliate with "Ban Ban Ban Guns" :D

I might have just got myself blocked...

They said:

"...Don’t get me wrong for the lad that won Gold yesterday I am pleased. BUT guns were designed with only one purpose in mind and that is to kill – how can we celebrate that in this way? The suggestion that you can have a palatable sport involving guns is short-sighted and worrying..."

I said:

"yeah! And ban fencing too while you're at it!" :yp:

Morons :no:

yeah! And ban fencing too while you're at it!"

I just had a look at it...why not go the whole hog and ban cars, they kill people and wildlife and pollute the atmospere, if you need to cut ya veggies for dinner you have to go to a registered restaurant so you can have the use of a knife, oh and while we are at it, basball bats, golf clubs and whole plethora of items should be banned.

Complete load of ****!!

Jesus H Christ. What a FEW very ill informed bunch of people. Where they get all there ideas from is beyond me!

My fav bit readds something like this:

"licenced gun owners think there above the law" if anything i have a hell of a lot more respect for the law since i became a "licenced gun owner" Bloody Idiots

Edited by M.I.A

Its hilarious, it'll have credence whatsoever.

I loved the part that guns shouldn't be totally banned, only the public killing machines we are, the armed forces and police are ok...what do they do with their guns?

And, remember guys, theres plently of meat available in Tesco, you have no need to shoot your own....ah the joys of ethical meat production.

And, remember guys, theres plently of meat available in Tesco, you have no need to shoot your own....ah the joys of ethical meat production.

Had a very prolonged thread along these lines with a member of LACS on their blog some time ago.Having once worked in a slaughter house(poultry) for a stint of about 6 months before going self-employed,I knew exactly what went on.Halal was a subject she didn't want to discuss,nor the fact that a young girl had the specific job of slitting the throats of all birds which avoided the stunner.

The meat eaters become particularly agitated when accused of hypocrasy when they eat meat but aren't prepared to do the killing/processing themselves.

As annoying as I know it is,the people on the facebook thingy can't be reasoned with;their views are full of ridiculous,innaccurate,and emotive rhetoric,and therefore aren't taken too seriously by those who would otherwise be in a position to help them.

They said:

"...Don’t get me wrong for the lad that won Gold yesterday I am pleased. BUT guns were designed with only one purpose in mind and that is to kill – how can we celebrate that in this way? The suggestion that you can have a palatable sport involving guns is short-sighted and worrying..."

I said:

request :good:

They said:

I said:

After reading more posts I'm worried they might take me seriously! :blink:

They said:

I said:

Weren't javelins designed to kill?

They are going after lawful gun owners off the back of Dunblane [17], Hungerford 1986 [16] and Cumbria 2011 [11].

I've tried 10 mins on Google to get the total number of fatalities from these incidents [44], versus total gun crime death spanning the same period 1986 to 2011 to put everything into perspective.

Laws are only for the law obiding and criminals aren't that fussed about gun bans. Like the never ending supply of disqualified drivers found behind the wheel week in and week out on Police Camera Action - they're not interested in a driving ban, because they know it won't stop them from driving.

My post got deleted straight away haha! It said...

What a bunch of ignorant, sanctimonious tossers all you anti-gun lot are.  Guns don't kill things or people....people do. Ban them? Well that doesn't exactly work with all of the illegal hand guns used in the gang warfare in our major cities does it? 

Cigarettes kill a lot more people than guns, as do fatty foods, alcohol, illegal drugs etc etc. are you going to start a group to ban them?

Maybe you should even go and shoot at a clay ground if your little vegetarian arms can lift the gun, then you will see how safe it is...or maybe you should go and visit a commercial abattoir, or even worse, a halal one and then see how cruel you thing game or vermin shooting is in comparison?