Best nights fishing EVER, whole seasons worth of Catfish in One Night&

Evil Elvis

It was very hot and very humid on Sunday so i decided to give the cats another go. We had a family barbeque first so i didnt even get my gear into the car until 9pm.

On arrival at the lake there were 2 people fishing(one who was about to go) and one in the swin i wanted to fish so that I could cast to the air pump in the middle of the lake, so i went to the total opposite end of the lake and set up there.

Cast out my first 2 rods and was geting the third out when my left hand rod rattled off ans I was into my first cat of the night, which took some 30 mins to get in and was a long lean fighting machine of 33lb exactly.The couple that were leaving photographed it for me.

551833_10152020266615251_285805901_n.jpg

After I recast the rods and managed to get all three in the water, i turned round to get my umbrella set up and the right hand rod was off, I had the cat near the net and the middle rod decided it wanted to play, I got the first cat into the net and picked up the other rod, the fish was still on, luckily I always use 2 landing nets when catfishing and cat number 3 went into the net. Turned out to be 20lb exactly and 20lb.12oz, I didnt ask the guy on the other side of the lake to come round for pictures as they were 20's I just photographed them on the mat.

553854_10152020267035251_1438066770_n.jpg

I then maneged to get the left hand rod out and the right hand rod, the middle rod was last, i use biomaster reels and loosen the clutch for the runs, I backleaded, loosened the clutch and as i did it whizzed round, DUH, didnt think Id tightened down the the lead that much, then realised it was a take, the cat must have eaten the whole method ball!!! This cat was an animal and fought like mad, when i landed it I couldnt believe it only went 26.5lb, had i lost it i would have said it was much larger!!!

558291_10152020266990251_254972995_n.jpg

By this time I was soaked to the skin with sweat and had drunk 2 litres of mineral water. it was 01.30 so I decided to reel in my rods and go to marks and spencers for refreshment, this took me half and hour and on my return managed to get all three rods in the water and set the brolly up and tidy up before a rod rattled off again, this time I had a cat of 29lb that fought for at least 30 minutes . Really should have got a piccy of this boy he was a stunner, but the stoner on the other side of the lake was snorring his head off!!!

562767_10152020266885251_910307046_n.jpg

After this fish I had a succession of small ones, doubles and single figure cats until just before light it ripped off and another decent cat was on that fought like a demon so i knew it was a better fish and turned out to be 33.5lb, I woke stoner up(with some difficulty) for a photo:

580037_10152020266710251_918477923_n.jpg

Again for for a while the smaller fish moved in and I even had a 15lb pure white mirror carp on 3 x25mm halibut pellets!!!!

Just as light broke the bailiff turned up and was chatting, while we chatted the middle rod was off agai and I had another long battle with a 30lb 4oz cat which he photographed for me:

390799_10152020266805251_1066745536_n.jpg

I decided to stay a couple more hours, Lisa rang to see what i had caught "Had your 40lber yet ?" she asked, as i said not yet I had to drop the phone as the middle rod absolutely tore off, i leant into it and it just ripped off line and went out past the middle of the lake on a run towards the far bank, This beast took and age to land, everytime i manged to gain line it ripped off again, while plasying it another rod went off, the bailiff hit it but bumped it off after a few seconds. The fight last so long the small of my back began to hurt, eventually i got her in the net and saw shewas a lot larger than any of the other cats, on the scales i just managed to scrape 40lb with 40lb 12oz!!!!!! I was over the moon!!!

430363_10152020266450251_773733921_n.jpg

417311_10152020266535251_1099082775_n.jpg

I stayed for a couple more hours but apart from bumping one and another small cat that was it, i went home shatterred!!!!! and happy!!!

The final tally was 3 singles, 5 doubles, 4 twenties, 3 thirties and the forty!!!!!!

all caught on the method feeder with 18" inch quicksilver gold traces to size 4 korda hybrid hooks and 3x 23mm pellets on the hair!!

AWSOME NIGHT!

PS: Did you fish Shotgate in 93 ?

i did!!!

cracking read mate and some sterling fish, bet you was well shattered after the buzz of it all finaly wore off.

Im still buzzing!!!!

thanks for all the nice comments guys!!!! I had a blast....cant see me ever having a night like that again!!!

Cracking night mate my best cat is 27lb I'd love a forty! Or fifty! Lol don't know if it beats my 34lb sturgeon from crow green though! Well done!

Youre not far away, its a day ticket water!!!

really do think we need a mini social then :good:

Will have to be soon, i reckon they are feeding up ready for hibernation, but if we did an early week night Im sure the bailiff would allow it.

some nice fish there , I have managed 3 over 30lb in a night but nothing like the amount you have there , my best was just over 50lb , only pic I have on computer is this classic eyes closed pose , I have some better ones in the album.

carp082.jpg

I found with cats its all or nothing , one day they can be feeding like crazy then not touch a bait for a couple of weeks .