Maxus or SX3?

BrowningDJC

Looking for a new synthetic auto for the pigeons, always been a browning fan ever since the old 2000's etc so i have been looking at the new maxus but have heard bad things about the new forend catch coming loose.

Ive also been looking at the winchester sx3 but with that i would miss out on the speed loading i have always been used to with autos.

Any opinions from any owners would be helpful, thanks.

Looking for a new synthetic auto for the pigeons, always been a browning fan ever since the old 2000's etc so i have been looking at the new maxus but have heard bad things about the new forend catch coming loose.

Ive also been looking at the winchester sx3 but with that i would miss out on the speed loading i have always been used to with autos.

had my maxus over 2 years now and put a fair few shells through it.never had a problem with forend catch.but i have had two broken gas piston springs.first one i sent the piston back to browning and they just replaced it.2nd time they wanted me to send the complete gun back,wich im not gona do for a broken spring.common problem,using **** springs.they are the same spring as the sx3.bought a couple of springs from a company in finland.only 3 days to turn up and 1/2 hour to fit...by the way even with a broken spring it never failed to shoot or eject......as said both great guns..my choice is maxus :good:

Both great guns I went with the Composite Maxus after the Mrs purchased a Maxus Grade III. No problems with both as of yet apart from 24g carts not always cycling in my wife's Maxus but not happened since she started using 28g carts. I probably would of bought a sx3 if the maxus hadn't come up at the right price so personal preference really & which fits best. I use a slip on butt extender on the Maxus as they are a bit shorter.

had my maxus over 2 years now and put a fair few shells through it.never had a problem with forend catch.but i have had two broken gas piston springs.first one i sent the piston back to browning and they just replaced it.2nd time they wanted me to send the complete gun back,wich im not gona do for a broken spring.common problem,using **** springs.they are the same spring as the sx3.bought a couple of springs from a company in finland.only 3 days to turn up and 1/2 hour to fit...by the way even with a broken spring it never failed to shoot or eject......as said both great guns..my choice is maxus :good:

Depends how the spring breaks I suppose. Mine never cycled at all when mine broke.

I use a slip on butt extender on the Maxus as they are a bit shorter.

Even with both spacers fitted??

Browning.

Can I suggest Browning Fusion with speed loader.

Depends how the spring breaks I suppose. Mine never cycled at all when mine broke.

Even with both spacers fitted??

Yes, even with the 2 spacers fitted, long neck & arms don't help! Shot ok with the spacers fitted but tried with butt extension on & instant improvement. I found my that my face/cheek were touching my trigger hand without the butt extension so I was a bit hunched up if that makes sense.

Yes, even with the 2 spacers fitted, long neck & arms don't help! Shot ok with the spacers fitted but tried with butt extension on & instant improvement. I found my that my face/cheek were touching my trigger hand without the butt extension so I was a bit hunched up if that makes sense.

i have 3 butt spacers fitted to my maxus , (you need to get some slightly longer screws to fit them though)

clearly the maxus for the speed loading . never had a problem with my maxus after 18 month of use

Browning.

Can I suggest Browning Fusion with speed loader.

I have a Browning Fusion too, cant recomend it enough. Has the speed loader system like the maxus, very light yet very low percieved recoil. Cheaper than the maxus too. I have tried the SX3 and Maxus too. Truth be told I'd have a Maxus but for the cost so had a Fusion as the next best thing. I dont rate the SX3 much compared to them.

Edited by cant hit rabbits 123

SX3 and Browning Silver are same action different wrapper. The cure for the broken spring issue is a solid aluminum sleeve that is fitted inside the cylinder. Had mine done at a cost of around $35 and am completely satisfied with the result. CLP a synthetic lube that evaporates and leaves a film seems to be the ticket on my gas autos and the less used the better.