is this the end to my sgc

littlerob

matey read back on my posts i was in a similar situation....do not accept a caution it is an admission of guilt.....

caravan dwellers i tell you they need sorting out and quick they think they can do anything they wish to without abiding by the law..... the hassle i have had is unbelievable i am having to change my life short term to see my situation through

good luck mate if you want a chat pm me and i'll call you

regards

john

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Informing your FEO was the wisest thing you will ever have done. It will stand you in good stead when the dust has settled.

Dont understand this I have drove over 1000000 miles and no one has pulled me out of the car and hit me with a brick do you think I am doing some thing wrong ?

come on lets have all the story

Deershooter

Perhaps you have never upset the local vermin.

It will still be tagged to your name that you have been arrested for a violence offence and as such you will have to declare that and a revoked sgc on renewal. Firearms are instructed to remove guns and ammo on arrest of a violent offence no matter what the outcome. A revoked licence is just that you have to apply again when it's over mate. Got all info recently with my own situation luckily mine was sorted and a possession offence not violent

Atb

John

You don't need to declare an arrest, only a conviction. We don't know that the cery has actually been revoked as yet.

J.

When the police take this thru the process they may offer you a caution to make it all go away - DO NOT ACCEPT A CAUTION - in firearms law this is the same as a conviction and you will not get any form of SGC or FAC again. I understand that police try and use the caution process when they think they have not got sufficient to win a case - call their bluff.

A caution is NOT equivalent to a conviction. You do NOT have to declare a caution.

J.

Until it is revoked in writing sit tight join BASC or SACS if you prefer.... Wait for FEO or police to contact you and make sure you get good legal advice. Most importantly get better recover from the injuries, make sure you have photos of the injury and that the medical records are all up to date. I have no idea why you got dragged from the car let the police sort it out. If it was for anything interesting keep it to your self, for now.

to let the none belivers understand this local yobo #### have been robbing threating and smashing windows and alsorts down the road i live the #### in mention have stole cctv cam's from my property about 6 months ago i reported to police and got him arrested he then came down and atacked me with a other guy with lumps of wood i reckon why the latest hitting me with a brick over the head is to get there own back as im trying to stand up for my neighbourhood im head of the neighbourhood watch so i hear whats going on and what this local #### is up to and then keep a dairy and hand over to the police every 3 months just to give you a rough idea

to let the none belivers understand this local yobo #### have been robbing threating and smashing windows and alsorts down the road i live the #### in mention have stole cctv cam's from my property about 6 months ago i reported to police and got him arrested he then came down and atacked me with a other guy with lumps of wood i reckon why the latest hitting me with a brick over the head is to get there own back as im trying to stand up for my neighbourhood im head of the neighbourhood watch so i hear whats going on and what this local #### is up to and then keep a dairy and hand over to the police every 3 months just to give you a rough idea

Sounds like you're the good guy here. So how come the charge of ABH? If I'd been hit over the head with a brick I'd be down on the ground, bleeding & moaning. :hmm:

while local #### was bashing my head in with the brick and i admit to this i try n lump him back as much as possible with my fist and due to my brother draggin him of me as far as i can see the police is says there was me and my brother

Your brother has as much right to defend you against an attacker as you have to defend yourself. If you were being hit with a brick and you defended yourself without a weapon (and you brother didn't use one either) this would be a clear use of reasonable force. I would also recommend you don't give too many details on this forum until this is all sorted out - you will be angry now and may say something your lawyer may regret if this does go further.

This is the second case recently where the police have seemed to take action against the victim. I wonder if they do this on purpose to facilitate the confiscation of firearms?

Just because they are investigating the matter you have not automatically become a prohibited person.

True they take cert to stop you going straight to a shop to buy another! Revocation is a formal process, at present back to being a none holder, they did the same to the guy who lived next to dale farm while the evictions were going on. Very easy for the attacker to claim he was walking down the road when the guys in the car got out and jumped him.... As my primary school teacher said "6 of one, half a dozen of the other" unfortunately the OP has far more too loose

Can you still use a gun in the company of SGC holder? I thought if your licence has been revoked it was illegal to handle one.

You are only barred from possessing firearms if you have been sentenced to imprisonment of more than three months. Even if you have a cert revoked you can still avail yourself of the exemptions from needing a cert contained in the Act. The only exemption would be if a court had placed a restriction on you as a bail condition or something.

J.

When the police take this thru the process they may offer you a caution to make it all go away - DO NOT ACCEPT A CAUTION - in firearms law this is the same as a conviction and you will not get any form of SGC or FAC again. I understand that police try and use the caution process when they think they have not got sufficient to win a case - call their bluff.

I've not known anyone issued with a police caution to loose their SGC or FAC.

Don’t accept a caution without legal advice - it’s not a get out of jail free card - its an admission of guilt.

Why say you are guilty of something and have it on your record if in fact you are innocent?

Having a police caution on your record for an offence involving violence will not help when its time for renewal!

If the licensing team decide not to renew because of your caution, (no longer a fit an proper person – person of demonstrable intemperate habits possibly)you cant then go back and try and claim you were innocent!

David

Looking at slightly more facts obviously the scroat must have sustained some injuries in the fight, thats where the ABH charge comes from. However with the history to it and your contact with the police there should be enough substance to a claim that it was self defence on an act against you. Its not going to be fast though I'm guessing you'll have to let it run for the moment and wait for your moment in court, then with luck it will be thrown out. The slight issue is these scroats usually have no end of witnesses turn up after the event.

This is the second case recently where the police have seemed to take action against the victim. I wonder if they do this on purpose to facilitate the confiscation of firearms?

The police are not our enemy.

The reason they arrest/charge people is because the law tells them to.

Even in a clear cut case of self defence the charge needs to be made, so it can be investigated.

Did the gentleman with the brick get charged?

I would suspect that everyone in the fight was arrested.

I would suspect everyone was cautioned and/or charged.

Then the police would investigate and report to the CPS who would decide what to do next.

Even in the recent cases of self defence where the intruder was killed the homeowner was arrested for murder, the charges were then dropped after investigation.

As for the SGC, it’s sensible to suspend it and confiscate the guns until everything in resolved.

However, I do agree with the comments about having a friend take hold of the guns rather than leave them in police custody.