returning reson being not to be tomuch of a pest

as iv acquired these lands due to working on the farms

and they let me shoot as a good will jesture i have 63

customers (farms)in somerset and dorset but can not

get around all of them so i have a change around now and then

the ten farms all range from 200 to 300 acers with one being 2,000

but is spread out i was just wondering how the pw perms work

have you shot there for years or do u change or howmany do u have

6 farms although two farms are run by one farmer and two by another. Pretty much every farm within 5 mins drive of me. I can shoot pheasants on one 500 acre right next to me. I get called every now and then (twice this week) to batter crows and pigeons on fallen crops and one farm I only shoot once a year on drillings still I'm pretty fortunate all for a few bottles of malt !!

About 3, the max was 6 but I found that it was a bit too much permission, the further farms would rarely be visited by me. I'd pick up new farms for rifles but I'm certainly good on pigeons.

It's not about size of the land anyhow, the best shooting I ever had was a 150 acre farm with 40 acres of woodland.

'Bleeh' timestamp='

About 3, the max was 6 but I found that it was a bit too much permission, the further farms would rarely be visited by me. I'd pick up new farms for rifles but I'm certainly good on pigeons.

It's not about size of the land anyhow, the best shooting I ever had was a 150 acre farm with 40 acres of woodland.

correct i have a farm with 170 acers witch is totaly dead

If you cannot do the job properly let some else have it (subect to the Farmers permission of course)

I have few permissions, each allow me to take other guns along, and once established allow those guns to go unattended, this way the Farmers receive an excellent service even when I am away on the ocasional holiday.

I know of many shooters with a lot of permissions who cannot possibly do what is asked for , and yet do not let others shoot on the land,(Or maybe the Farmers won't let them shoot). If you sell the plan correctly we can all in enjoy some shooting.

I send a letter out asking for shooting from Monday through to Friday, as I am lucky enough to be retired, I am able to leave the Saturday and Sundays to those that work, and with a little communication it works for all.

If you want to see the letter drop me a pm with your e mail address and I will forward it to you. It has worked well for me and a few others. I really do not want any more permissions but have recently picked up a Golf Course, Air Rifle only and if I do the job have been informed others will follow, so more for me (bu**er it) but on the bright side more for some other shooters.

Terry

Currently none. :(

quite a few years ago i had no shooting pal,but as time goes by it does turn up if your keen and safe with it,i used to work on a farm so i got quite a bit through that,plus my mates get allot of shooting so between us all we do ave quite a bit to be honest for every thing fox,rabbits,pigeons,rats,etc.. and a bonus lately is my best mate who,s a farmer as just bought a 500 acre grouse moor with a cracking flight pond on the side of it, and the shooting side of it he as left up to me. so keep trying it will turn up.

'bakerboy'

If you cannot do the job properly let some else have it (subect to the Farmers permission of course)

I have few permissions, each allow me to take other guns along, and once established allow those guns to go unattended, this way the Farmers receive an excellent service even when I am away on the ocasional holiday.

I know of many shooters with a lot of permissions who cannot possibly do what is asked for , and yet do not let others shoot on the land,(Or maybe the Farmers won't let them shoot). If you sell the plan correctly we can all in enjoy some shooting.

I send a letter out asking for shooting from Monday through to Friday, as I am lucky enough to be retired, I am able to leave the Saturday and Sundays to those that work, and with a little communication it works for all.

If you want to see the letter drop me a pm with your e mail address and I will forward it to you. It has worked well for me and a few others. I really do not want any more permissions but have recently picked up a Golf Course, Air Rifle only and if I do the job have been informed others will follow, so more for me (bu**er it) but on the bright side more for some other shooters.

Terry

no offense mate but have you ever tryd shooting rabbets on a over shot land?

and if i let a deer and fox shooters on then what would i shoot

ever herd the phrase iv got some good permission well id like to keep it that way

and has for doing a good service for farmers the rabbet or pigeon dosint do that much

harm to land owner of 300 arcers as i stated they just do it as a jesture thats why im there

and no one ells is kk

I have 5 farms I shoot on & another coming my way - I do 95% of my shooting with a Rifle.

I "gave" the Pigeon shooting on one farm of around 1600 acres to Sprackles on here as I couldn't keep on top of it & felt I was been selfish. I'd never met him before but he was highly recommended for some other shooting & I thought - why not - best thing I've done for years not only has he become a good mate he also reinvigorated me to go out Pigeon Shooting.

Edited by V8 90

'bakerboy'

Terry

no offense mate but have you ever tryd shooting rabbets on a over shot land?

and if i let a deer and fox shooters on then what would i shoot

ever herd the phrase iv got some good permission well id like to keep it that way

and has for doing a good service for farmers the rabbet or pigeon dosint do that much

harm to land owner of 300 arcers as i stated they just do it as a jesture thats why im there

and no one ells is kk

No offence taken.

By working together the Farmer is kept happy as the pests are removed from his property (the reason we are there) and we all have the chance to shoot. My circle of friends all contact me and the shooting is allocated on a basis that keeps everyne happy, some have good days and some not so good, and a few have the dreaded "RED LETTER DAY".

Ive only been shooting about a year, i have asked three farmers for permission and they all said yes..........Now my problem is other farmers ASKING ME to shoot on their land, i just couldnt spread myself round them all, dont like to say no but sometimes i have to................things must be different in the corner of Ulster where i live :huh: :blink:

I only have three famrs, one of which has a 20 acre woodland. 3000 acres in total.

This is more than enough to keep me busy, they all back onto military ranges in the dales.... a bonus as they are not spooked easily.

I shoot with my friend who owns two of the farms when he's not busy.

No crops to shoot over just dairy, cow pats seems to draw the crows !!!!