ROY

Ok. As for your appearance, make sure you look clean and tidy. Shirt and tie, but suit would be better. Also, and please do this, do a bit of research on the company. Even if it is just reading the website, will give you enough info to appear as though you care enough about getting the job. They will almost always ask if you know anything about them. If you can at least tell them some basic stuff, the job is as good as yours.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok. As for your appearance, make sure you look clean and tidy. Shirt and tie, but suit would be better. Also, and please do this, do a bit of research on the company. Even if it is just reading the website, will give you enough info to appear as though you care enough about getting the job. They will almost always ask if you know anything about them. If you can at least tell them some basic stuff, the job is as good as yours.

Also - if the company is an abbreviated name, do find out what the full name is.

I used to interview most HMV Head Office staff and I'd always throw that question in there - it really shows you how keen some people are on the job ;)

Never give a job (or lend money) to a man (or woman) with a beard. Has served me well over the years.

What! :hmm: Not sure what that says about you, but your choice, I suppose.

Also never lend money to a country that has green in its flag.

Again has proved to be correct more times than wrong!

Swap the word beard with 'disability' and you might look at that sentence in a different light. :whistling:

As far as I know nobody has every been taken to court for beard discrimination. Although I am a bit out of touch with current UK legislation.

Well thanks one and all for your advice and good luck wishes. I arrived at the interview looking clean and tidy with a good list of questions and having done me research etc, only slight problem the job i had been told was for a sales executive turns out was door canvasing for a roof renovation company comission only!! Very disapointed. i was offered the job after a very short interview and am in 2 minds wether to take it or not. I know its gonna be hard slog for next to nothing but i feel i've gotta get out and do something!

It always seems easier to get a job whilst your in a job mate and not only that if you take it in the short term the next interview you go to you can show a willing to work as you currently have one even though you don't possible like it! The fact you already have a job goes a long way these days.

Well thanks one and all for your advice and good luck wishes. I arrived at the interview looking clean and tidy with a good list of questions and having done me research etc, only slight problem the job i had been told was for a sales executive turns out was door canvasing for a roof renovation company comission only!! Very disapointed. i was offered the job after a very short interview and am in 2 minds wether to take it or not. I know its gonna be hard slog for next to nothing but i feel i've gotta get out and do something!

Don't want to wee on your parade there Roy but that sounds like a ball of crud. I'd get yourself something temporary from an agency, mucking out hogs sounds better than that to be honest. No offence.

Don't want to wee on your parade there Roy but that sounds like a ball of crud. I'd get yourself something temporary from an agency, mucking out hogs sounds better than that to be honest. No offence.

Well said.

Go for a job you'll actually enjoy. Don't just snap up a job that you're ultimately going to sack off because it's a stopgap. Focus in on other jobs and use that interview to hone in your interview technique.

It's actually quite good to just go to an interview every now and then, solely to make sure you're prepared for the questions and to take a bit of the edge off a 'proper' interview. Just don't muck them around - make it clear you're not keen on the offer sooner rather than later, as it's not good to leave them waiting on you.

No worries Tbird thats what i thought and if i could get a job round here mucking out pigs as a stop gap i wouldn't say no i like pigs!! Did that on my work experience at school.

Whats your skill set Roy?

Are you the chap from North Kent that was looking for warehouse work a while back?

I've always thought it would be good to have situations vacant/wanted section on PW.

I am from north Kent dunno about the warehouse bit though!! Will do anything really but was a depot manager for a landscape company so am looking to do something like that did a lot of sales too!!

Situations vacant / wanted would be a good idea.

your spot on there,a PW jobs section would be a sound idea :good:

It fell on deaf ears when I raised it before. It wouldn't neccessarily (spl?) be a hot topic but it would be nice to think that the PW massive had a shop window for their services. I was on my arriss for 14 months and would do just about anything to earn a coin (the no sailors rule applied though). We are all one of the same from a sporting perspective and our differing opinions only enrich the mix IMO. Would be nice if we could give each other a leg up. Share the love brothers!!

It fell on deaf ears when I raised it before. It wouldn't neccessarily (spl?) be a hot topic but it would be nice to think that the PW massive had a shop window for their services. I was on my arriss for 14 months and would do just about anything to earn a coin (the no sailors rule applied though). We are all one of the same from a sporting perspective and our differing opinions only enrich the mix IMO. Would be nice if we could give each other a leg up. Share the love brothers!!

sounds a good idea