New Game - Guess where Nial's put his cabinet keys....

Nial

This is not much help but I ended up buying a sentry gun safe with a safe code lock on the front, no keys, I just whizz the wheel round to the 3 digit code that only I know of! Very good! My mate was giving it large said he could feel where the pins where! I said way you g then mate I'll make you a cup of tea! Turns out he gave it 10 mins and gave up! It's very good asnyou have to turn the wheel so many turns left or right after each number! Very very good safe, so when you have found your keys then get one of these!

It's very difficult to say where your keys could be, it would be easier if we know the house because you would look at somewhere and think, "yep I'd hide my keys there"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input guys, nothing yet to give me that Eureka moment.

I'm going to spend an hour tonight searching then the cutting tools are coming out. :|

And despite living in Edinburgh I'm not Scottish and don't have a sporran. ;)

Nial.

Edited by Nial

Check your everyday keyring.

Check the linings of any jackets.

Now assuming you would not have put it in any of the rooms that were having work done, what rooms are left. Follow the route you may have taken and look at where you could have put the key.

If nothing clicks try a hypnotist

Come to think about it I once lost mine for a few days and they ended up stuck in the washing machine door seal. Worth a look :good:

I had similar the other week. I was emptying out the washing and wondered what an earth was in the door seal and it turned out to be my motorbike keys! Luckily I hadnt even noticed they were missing. Must have been left in my jeans pocket when they were washed.

Under the mattress

in the lining of a chair?

In a smaller safe

under a carpet

sellotaped under a drawer

under the TV

in a jacket pocket in the wardrobe

on top of the curtain rail

in the lizards vivarium

under a floorboard

Hidden in a bar of soap

magnet behind a radiator

up the flue

in the freezer

in the fridge

Under the settee

in the shed

On a hook behind the wardrobe

d**m, i`ll have to change my hiding places now! :( One thing ive found from experience, is the minute you cut the door open, the keys will appear. I "lost" the keys to my side gate at the house the other month, spent days searching high & low for them. I then lost patience and cut the lock off with the angle grinder. Next day I got in my car and hey presto the keys were in the door pocket - i dont remember even putting them there.

Edited by jackinbox99

In the box you keep all your little knick knacks in.

On top of the tallest wardrobe with an architrave on it.

on your tie rack.

Seriously, imagine you have just walked out after preparing the room with the keys in your hand - where did you put them? walk the route and try to remember small things you did -turned the handle stepped over the threshold - thought where best to put them - got it !

Good Luck and if you find them try a quid on the lottery !

FOUND THEM!

There's a wooden box on top of my chest of drawers that's I found them in.

This sounds obvious but this box has sat there for years untouched.

I _really_ don't remember putting them there

The embarassing thing is that the cabinet came with two sets and I've had both keys for each lock on

the same key ring since I got it. I'm splitting them and hiding one set somewhere I will remember tonight.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, nobody was that close so I'll stick a £5 in the next charity box I see.

Nial.