Lamping

ttab

As above to me it depends how the rabbits are reacting ?? I find that the permissions near roads are less startled by White lights so I sometimes have a better night using un filtered lights there ?!?but I some times use a Amber filter if the land is used by other people as red is the colour used by them and rabbits can become more flighty ??

Seems to me you will get a different response all round the country, the fact is, if you regularly shoot any ground with any particular colour filter then bunny WILL get used to it in time and do a runner.

I don't bother anymore with colour filters, simply use a dimmer switch or the night vision.

:good:

also depends on how much stick they get all mine run soon as they evan see a car or hear a gun bag un zip

+1. One of my permissions is a couple of hundred yards from my house so I often nip out when I have the urge but don't have time to travel further, so the rabbits are very nervous - even after I switched to NV they don't hang around if they hear the silightest sound.

I have tried a green filter but not had very good success with it, out of them all had good results with amber filters and thats all I use now and the odd occassion no filter and dim it right down, it just bugs me whenever were out when we usually see a fox on our land there nearly always lamp shy yet we don't miss many and no one else shoots our bit so there obviously getting shot at somewhere else.

Does anyone use green? I just wonder why manufacturers produce green filters and green LEDs. They must think there's a use for them but I've never found one.

green light is the easiest colour in the spectrum for OUR EYES to focus on, thus it can give you a few seconds more than a red filter

blue is made and used for when snow on the ground

Does what to most things? :huh:

Dispersises....you know,scatteraters!

My apologies remmy1100;I'm not one of the spelling 'gestapo',just thought Gimlets response was funny.

We don't use filters at all now,for either rabbits or foxes.If shooting from the landie,we just drive around with side lights on,which is enough to pick up a bunny,then the lamp comes on but isn't shone directly at the rabbit,but just enough for me to pick it up in the 'scope.

In my experience any light will bolt over shot rabbits.

I bought a green filter on the back of a article in the New Scientist magazine that described how green light is closest to human vision but least visible to animals, very interesting.

However, if Charlie didn't know something was up he wouldn't be looking at the light in the first place, and I really don't think it makes a squats worth of difference what the colour is (to them).

I use amber cos it takes the glare off and its easy to work with