Sgt Mark Andrews gets his job back.

Dirty Harry

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Cranfield has said he was acquitted so he was not guilty of the offence.

To everyone who says how could he do that to a woman I say EASY.

I've had a drunk woman bite me in custody. I've been punched, kicked and spat on by women.

A friend of mine was stabbed by a female drug addict with a dirty needle in custody. She said to him she was HIV+ and he would die.

I've dragged people to the cells and pushed them in before. It's unfortunate she landed on her face and got injured. I'm sure that was not the officers intentions.

I treat everyone the same and know that they can turn on you at any time.

I know that many of you will disagree with this but most of you have never been in these situations.

Harry

This works for me....

Here is a quote from the Merseyside police recruitment website:

"You must be honest and have a high degree of integrity to be a Merseyside Police officer.

Officers with criminal associations or convictions may be vulnerable to pressure to disclose information. Convictions and cautions for certain offences can also undermine a police officer’s position as a witness in court. For these reasons, Merseyside Police need to be careful about recruiting people with cautions or convictions.

Criminal record checks are made on all applicants. If you have a conviction or caution for any Criminal offences this will mean instant disqualification. Any non criminal offences, binding over imposed by a court, and any involvement in a criminal investigation will be considered, on a discretionary basis only.

Disclosure

There may be occasions when the convictions of a close relative or associate cause the applicant to be rejected. Under these circumstances the Recruiting Department would not be able to discuss the reason for the rejection with the applicant. Failure to disclose any information will result in rejection."

Most forces have a similar policy. You will definately be ruled out if you have been to prison.

TEH

Dirty Harry.

It isn`t about what`s happened to you. The woman wasn`t doing any of what you have mentioned.

If you can condone what he did then you are no better than he is.

No wonder our police force has lost the trust of the nation.

She was guilty of falling asleep in her car, that`s it, nothing else.

Indeed.

The fact that they all stick together like glue to defend the indefensible is worrying in the extreme.

I've had a drunk woman bite me in custody. I've been punched, kicked and spat on by women.

A friend of mine was stabbed by a female drug addict with a dirty needle in custody. She said to him she was HIV+ and he would die.

I've dragged people to the cells and pushed them in before. It's unfortunate she landed on her face and got injured. I'm sure that was not the officers intentions.

I know that many of you will disagree with this but most of you have never been in these situations.

Harry

Agree fella...

People cant really comment unless they have been there as we dont know the COMPLETE full story about what happened....

Its very hard to show restraint but maybe the red mist did come down?

I think the statement from the Chief Constable sums it all up pretty well.

Other Officers claiming they have been in similair situations and "you don't know what it's like" offered as an excuse for assaulting detained persons is scarcely wise posting.

If you don't like the heat, don't go in the kitchen? It's part of the job and yes it must be frustrating dealing with the underbelly of society, but that's the job you signed up for and keeping proper standards of self control and behaviour under those conditions is part of the deal.

Otherwise we could just get a load of heavies in to kick the drunks down the stairs.

Trying to defend the indefensible does nothing for the integrity and public image of those involved.

Agree fella...

People cant really comment unless they have been there as we dont know the COMPLETE full story about what happened....

Its very hard to show restraint but maybe the red mist did come down?

Yes big brave police officer just the sort we want in the police. :hmm:

The Chief Constable is only interested in covering his *** after getting it all spectacularly wrong in the way he managed this, from allowing the video to be leaked to having a very poorly thought out and executed media plan to deal with the incident, ie he looked for the wrong sacrificial goat.

You saw a cynically edited video released to show him in a bad light.

There were two officers who in my opinion want disciplining for not assisting the Sgt to take her to the cell but just stood by watching - not worth the uniform if you ask me.

The female officer then "complained" to deflect the fact that she could have been up for a neglect of duty for watching it all go wrong when 2 sets of hands could have done it properly and the situation Mark Andrews ended up in would never have happened.

The alleged "victim" never initiated the complaint by the way....

The woman herself is a serial drink driver who cannot accept she does anything wrong, since this incident she has been arrested and banned for almost 2x the drink drive limit and tried to blame the sober driver of the car she hit for the accident and her arrest.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though.

It amazes me if theres a negative news item regarding shooting, everyones there saying there's two sides to every story, but anything involving the Police, well they must be wrong as what is in the news is obviously the truth.

The Chief Constable is only interested in covering his *** after getting it all spectacularly wrong in the way he managed this, from allowing the video to be leaked to having a very poorly thought out and executed media plan to deal with the incident, ie he looked for the wrong sacrificial goat.

There were two officers who in my opinion want disciplining for not assisting the Sgt to take her to the cell but just stood by watching - not worth the uniform if you ask me.

The female officer then "complained" to deflect the fact that she could have been up for a neglect of duty for watching it all go wrong when 2 sets of hands could have done it properly and the situation Mark Andrews ended up in would never have happened.

The woman herself is a serial drink driver who cannot accept she does anything wrong, since this incident she has been arrested and banned for almost 2x the drink drive limit and tried to blame the sober driver of the car she hit for the accident and her arrest.

It amazes me if theres a negative news item regarding shooting, everyones there saying there's two sides to every story, but anything involving the Police, well they must be wrong as what is in the news is obviously the truth.

I must of being looking at a different video i thought i saw him throwing her down on the floor injuring her head. :hmm: All he had to do was get her trough the door and close it something i am sure he shouldn't have being doing himself. What her crime was is irrelevant.

It's not video editing putting the copper in a bad light.

It's 4 seconds of unedited seemless video that tells it all.

How drunk and how naughty the woman was is irrelevant - he's not allowed to throw her face into the floor - don't you get that?

It's this blind allegiance within the Police service that I find the most worrying.

Edited by Mungler

But it was never proved she was drunk and even if she was-are you saying it was alright for her to be thrown face first onto a concrete floor?

spot on :good:

Unbelievable.

And unbelievable anyone could stand up for him after watching the video.

for once I agree with you, another thug in uniform gets away with it.

what amazed me about this little event was that the bit were he slaps her to the ground seems to have been overlooked time and time again, have a look at the clip (about 40secs in and you will see he slaps her face before she goes to ground and is dragged to the cells)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eZnp9gUzas

KW

Edited by kdubya

Harry

You are a sick person and not only should be sacked from your job (unless you have been told and trained to beat people up) and also be investigated with a view to prosecute.

And then the police wonder why they are hated.

Is this the correct forum to have any policemen on I wonder?

They all seems very aggressive, outspoken and full of themselves (surprise surprise).

As I say you are a sick person

You are a sick person and not only should be sacked from your job (unless you have been told and trained to beat people up) and also be investigated with a view to prosecute.

And then the police wonder why they are hated.

Is this the correct forum to have any policemen on I wonder?

They all seems very aggressive, outspoken and full of themselves (surprise surprise).

As I say you are a sick person

Thats a bit strong. Put your self in his position. I'm surprised the fuzz are as reserved as they are. I love it when they open up a can of whup-*** on deserving scum bags. It gives me a sense of enormous well being.

Edited by ack-ack