Mac wets or seal skin gloves

Mrcbr

Hi I need some gloves just trying to get the thoughts of PW members on which gloves are the best

Cheers chris

I have Mcwets and to be honest they are useless, nicely made, but they aren't warm, or waterproof, I use them for general knocking around, they grip and are comfy, but don't really have any attributes to shooting, they are designed for golfers.

I have Mcwets and to be honest they are useless, nicely made, but they aren't warm, or waterproof, I use them for general knocking around, they grip and are comfy, but don't really have any attributes to shooting, they are designed for golfers.

I agree with kaska about them bein usless to shoot in, they were also usless for golf too ! I wear a R&L leather golf glove for shootin clays and game for grip & feel, the sealskins are warm enough but are thickish and not the best for shootin, I find Musto game shootin gloves are a great alrounder glove for feel & heat.

i have the seal skinz 'hunting' gloves (so good I bought a spare pair! :good: )

They are warm enough as long as the temp is above freezing or you are active, are very comfy and give fabulous grip.. certainly not too thick.. They are designed with less padding/insulation in the trigger fingers so you have better feedback when shooting. I use mine all the time for stalking and finger/trigger control is arguably more critical with rifle than shot gun...

The only thing I do find is that because the material on the triger finger is thin, I can have tostie hands and cold trigger fingers! lol

They also do a 'shooting' glove where you can expose the trigger finger on each hand to shoot... I tried these first of all but didn't like them.. when you are crawling on your hands and knees and your arm dissapears in a bog up to your shoulder, you get water in! with the hunting gloves you don't!

If I needed a new pair of lightweight gloves it would be Seal Skinz again!

Edited by Vipa

If anyone doesnt want there mac wets I will take them if your just going to bin them !

Personally I love mine, they keep my hands warm and are very comfortable to wear and to shoot in, they are well made and are the only glove that my semi auto hasnt shredded on the thumb !

They arent ment to be water proof so unfair to complain they arnt water proof, although when wet i find they keep there grip and stay warm !

If anyone finds the perfect gloves let me know,i have mac wets which are cold,seal skinz which i find to thick,musto windstoppers cold and various other **** gloves,,although i do suffer with bad circulation in my hands when its cold plus several wrist ops which probably doesnt help

I have a pair of seal skins, wind proof but not the warmest.

But when it's cold I have these

Le Chameau Chasseur Gloves Dark Green

http://www.philipmorrisdirect.co.uk/images/db/le-chameau-chasseur-gloves-dark-green-i4e0da702e698a.jpg

Waterproof and breathable

Nylon hunting gloves

Self-gripping wrist strap

Neoprene cuff

Index finger cut away for shooting

Warm lining

Edited by slated

There are warm gloves and thin gloves, I have cupboard full of them, but none that I can think of are both.

Something silk lined is likely to be the closest to what you need.

I think your right with that one, in fact the musto windstoppers i bought 2 years ago are probably the best as i bought a pair of silk gloves to put on first and these stay in them