Pellets

elz

What do you use?

Hello

I don't hunt, but in my TX200 in .177 RWS superdomes and AA field perform really well, I have just purchased a tin of H&N field and target trophy, but haven't had time to try them yet.

Regards

Bill

Crosman Accupels and I've just bought some Bisley Mags. Fortunately for me, with my rifle zeroed at 30 yds with accupels, I have an exact zero for Bisley mags at 20 yds ??? I've not hunted with the mags yet though.

I found exactly the same in my 26ft/lb FAC FX2000, zeroed at 50yards for Acc's got exact zero at (if i remember correct) 35yards from the Bis-mags.

don't use the bee's now though or the FX come to think of it .22lr used on the bunnies most of the time.

FX only comes out on Squirrel/Pigeon culls now.

PELTMAN ???

AA Field Domed 5.52. 10 pellets into a 10p piece-sized group at 30m? That will do nicely. And they give wabbits a hell of a headache, enough to make them lie down in my freezer to recover. :)

But..... As mentioned by others, it has to work for YOUR barrel. Try different types until you are happy you have the pellet for your gun. :rolleyes:

Hi everbody - just logging in. (born again shooter) Pellets - My son uses a Webley longbow .22 with powapells = plenty of kills constant zeroing no probs in fact most seem to work except H&N FIELD TARGET & TROPHY = bit big for the barrel.

BUT with my HW90K I have had constant problems with zero drift using powapells and others. It goes like this adjust zero test say 10 times go hunting = miss, rezero try again for 6 - months, suspected the scope but problem was pellets. I could clover leaf at 30 m with say 10 shots then it would drift. Measured the pellets the diameter varies with type/make although normally only the weight is given.

Tried H&N FIELD & TROPHY and AA FIELD 5.52 tighter fit, now constant zeroing, simple solution could have saved 200 quid on a new scope. buy a large selection and test the lot when I get my new gun.

I now get a distinct 'pop' when I hit a pigeon, hence the name ,althougth my son claims the name its derived from my age.

Hi everbody - just logging in. (born again shooter) Pellets - My son uses a Webley longbow .22 with powapells = plenty of kills constant zeroing no probs in fact most seem to work except H&N FIELD TARGET & TROPHY = bit big for the barrel.

BUT with my HW90K I have had constant problems with zero drift using powapells and others. It goes like this adjust zero test say 10 times go hunting = miss, rezero try again for 6 - months, suspected the scope but problem was pellets. I could clover leaf at 30 m with say 10 shots then it would drift. Measured the pellets the diameter varies with type/make although normally only the weight is given.

Tried H&N FIELD & TROPHY and AA FIELD 5.52 tighter fit, now constant zeroing, simple solution could have saved 200 quid on a new scope. buy a large selection and test the lot when I get my new gun.

I now get a distinct 'pop' when I hit a pigeon, hence the name ,althougth my son claims the name its derived from my age.

The pellet will not cause zero shift. It might cause it to spray 'em out like a shotgun but it will only affect the grouping not the zero. Changing pellets will cause a Point of impact shift as well so stick with one flavour.

Zero shift is caused by another problem e.g. Scope creep, recoil of the springer, or loose bolts.

At least you have it sorted though :lol:

Welome aboard.

Many thanks but this HW90k really played me up compared to my sons Longbow, with his we simply fitted the scope zeroed up in an underground duct last winter then went out and tried again to match the pellet = end of story, no problems.

But my Hw90k was different inside to outside plus drift, = going around in circles; pellets, scope, gun or me? we found the pressure was low then it was sort of batch zeroing, tried H&N better group then AA 5.52 best group 50mm to the right? Went back to H&N as I had now brought 5,000, tried waxing them = better again, do suspect the barrel. Now dropping Pigeon at 35 big paces, its incredable what a difference pellets make, really like the gun now bit heavy. Working through problems is engineering I suppose.

Saturday took 10 pigeon and 12 squidge in a new wood between us. We have access to a large estate about 4 miles square so we can move around. Last winter we were in an empty wood when suddenly hundreds of pigeons came in to roost, real Hitchcook stuff. Great Lifestyle do some woodland work for the keeper, came home with Pigeon, Horse mushroom, apples, firewood.

• 2 weeks later...

AAS410 .22.I used to have lots of confidence in rws super point5.5mm, BUT the othere day I tried accupells 5.5mm for the first time and will be buying accupells in future. I also tried some eley wasp 5.6mm. and they was ****. best groupings was with accupells without a doubt.

kipper :)

jsb exacts, they sound so much better than any other pellets i have used!

i mean how good does £5.60 sound compared to £7.99 LOL

ROB :)

jsb here too

can valch for roblade he shoots well with them and a tin will last him about a year as he never shoots

much but when he does !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!