Decoy bags

APPLE

Monster holdall

Have a look on eBay, myne is a light Brown colour, plenty of room inside with hoops and strap on the outside to carry hide poles.

They arent a lot of money and myne is lasting very well

Edited by TJ91

If your walking any distance and cant drive close to it. Have a think about a carp trolley.

Or even a wheel barrow. Load up and lash your gear on with some bunjees. I still have

some gear on my back but i dont look like a pack horse. I can do up to a mile like this.

But like now if the grounds v wet it is hard going. In the sommer or frost its a doddle.

This way I can take the kitchen sink if required.

I used a large carry all for a few years and it did the job well. Only problem for me was the length as it would bash against the back of your legs as you walked.

I changed to a large fishing rucksack. It fits by bucket seat inside with all my bits. Has loads of pockets so my equipment is well sorted and since it also has a waist strap, carrying heavy loads seems much better than the carry all because of the weight distribution on your back.

I would definitely look at getting a decent rucksack from a fishing tackle shop.

Cos

• 4 weeks later...

Both my son and I use 120 litre Bergans as used by the military, very strongly built and able to carry all that we need.

Inside we have 25 litre oil drums with foam padded seats that hold all of the decoys, net and clothing that we take out on a regular basis.

Because we carry the same kit in the same bags we can set up easily with either bag at the drop of a hat.

The only trouble with the carry all type bags is they are too long and keep hitting the back of your legs , also because they do carry all they take a lot of weight and I found the stitching soon gave way on the straps

I have now been using the same 120ltr fishing rucksack for over 10 years and I used it for fishing for 10 years before that ! all the nets decoys food , carts , battery's, chair and other kit goes in that.

My hide poles, bouncers , magnet arms and gun all fit in that.

Using this I have two spare hands and carry the magnet alone

The only trouble with the carry all type bags is they are too long and keep hitting the back of your legs , also because they do carry all they take a lot of weight and I found the stitching soon gave way on the straps

I have now been using the same 120ltr fishing rucksack for over 10 years and I used it for fishing for 10 years before that ! all the nets decoys food , carts , battery's, chair and other kit goes in that.

My hide poles, bouncers , magnet arms and gun all fit in that.

Using this I have two spare hands and carry the magnet alone

Can you not shorten the straps?