GAMEBORE CLEAR PIGEON - HOW MUCH IN YOUR AREA ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Got to agree : a while back, someone was asking about cartridges from a well-known online retailer. I suggested they spend a few minutes on the phone to local RFDs, and just asked the prices.

The result was that the online sales were more expensive, even before the delivery charges had been added in.

Also agree re : plaswads. For crying out loud, fibre costs about an extra 1p per cartridge. Plaswads and spent cartridges are litter.

The rule for shooting on my land is that if plaswads are used, or spent cartridges are left behind, then all permissions will be revoked immediately. I know a number of farmers who are imposing the same conditions, too.

Totally disagree. Not one of my farmers has ever asked me to use fibre wadded cartridges. Until then, i will carry on with the plastic.

Plastic wads get ploughed in and fairly quickly break down.

Totally disagree. Not one of my farmers has ever asked me to use fibre wadded cartridges. Until then, i will carry on with the plastic.

Plastic wads get ploughed in and fairly quickly break down.

Can't say iv ever found hundreds of plastic wads when cleaning up at the end of a busy day either......

If cattle were to be using the ground, then I would use fiber.

We have a place near Bury st Edmunds (suffolk) that do Hull super fast 29 - 6 for £164 per thousand inc VAT. Not the same as the queston asked but they are a mega round.

I think they are near Barrow Heath clay ground as a mate got some mega cheap comp x from the same place for around 140 per thousand.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, but Norfolk's a bit far...... I've a friend with Shotgun pending who lives in Market Rasen.

Thanks for the post though. New to shot gunning, so not sure if these can be posted? Weight may be a little prohibitive?

u cant order cartridges from anywhere in the UK except from www.justcartridges.com and the delivery is £15 next day, used them a few times and very good fast reliable service!

Edited by OvEr_KiLL

u cant order cartridges from anywhere in the UK except from www.justcartridges.com and the delivery is £15 next day, used them a few times and very good fast reliable service!

Thanks. I'd seen their site, the delivery is £15 /1000 carts IIRC. There's a couple more places I could try in Bedfordshire / Sandy as here once was a time I passed that way regularly for work....

Thanks. I'd seen their site, the delivery is £15 /1000 carts IIRC. There's a couple more places I could try in Bedfordshire / Sandy as here once was a time I passed that way regularly for work....

Clear Pigeon 32g 6's plastic were £53 for 250 at J Eastaff in Sandy a couple of weeks back.

AB