selling car reg numbers

four-wheel-drive

No and no!

The whole private plate thing is not a difficult concept - the more scarce the plate and style of plate, the more money.

Any old letter with any old two or three numbers followed by any old three letters is of no value.

Actually your not actually right there - try buying G44RRY....few quid on that one! Same with A few like that...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had the reg no K4 AMA , it came on a suzuki vitara that i paid £600 for , i had the car for four years ish and in that time it only cost me £40 for a cv joint , i sold the reg no for £400/£500 and sold the car for £300 iirc , i wish my motoring was always this cheap.

i tried to sell it originally through a company called reg transfers who basically tried to steal the reg no , it took dvla and a warning from the police to give it back to me after several months (its a long story) , i eventually sold it through a small cherished reg no company that were great.

i had the reg no K4 AMA , it came on a suzuki vitara that i paid £600 for , i had the car for four years ish and in that time it only cost me £40 for a cv joint , i sold the reg no for £400/£500 and sold the car for £300 iirc , i wish my motoring was always this cheap.

i tried to sell it originally through a company called reg transfers who basically tried to steal the reg no , it took dvla and a warning from the police to give it back to me after several months (its a long story) , i eventually sold it through a small cherished reg no company that were great.

Did boy George buy it? :hmm:

I've got an interesting one for you.

I have a client with a 3 letter No. 1 number plate "*** 1" but it's on a car that's beyond an mot.

My understanding is that the car must have an MOT to get the plate off it.

Any solutions / suggestions that don't involve ringing the car or breaking the law greatfully received.

I don't know if I agree

Bearing in mind how many pimped up BMW M3's I see that have lowered suspension it could actually tap a wholly different market

I hadn't thought of that to be fair, in my defence lowered M3's tend to be worth about the same. :lol:

I've got an interesting one for you.

I have a client with a 3 letter No. 1 number plate "*** 1" but it's on a car that's beyond an mot.

My understanding is that the car must have an MOT to get the plate off it.

Any solutions / suggestions that don't involve ringing the car or breaking the law greatfully received.

One way or another it needs an MOT.

If it hasn't been MOT'd for years there is a likelihood that it will flag up on the Ministry's database and they could come to the MOT station.

Two people I know have done it successfully.

I love some of the 'stars' number plates. I think paul daniels has got 'magic 1'. Whirlwind white has got a cracker 'cue boy'.

Paul Daniels has got MAG1C

Tarbuck has got COM1C

The other day I saw matching

OO09OMG

OO08OMG

On matching white cars the out day

In Chelsea there is 2B and NOT 2B on cars outside a huge house

I saw this one in Sloane Street just before xmas, on a very nice car [edit] :shifty:

I've got a cherished plate with MR and my initials,,,, and coincidently my age at the moment. Don't think it would be worth as much as I paid for it a few years ago though :(

Edited by JKD