243 moderator

SHIPPERS

Do you want an over the barrel type or would you be happy with a muzzle mounted mod? There's some amazingly lightweight muzzle mounted mods available at similar cost to a T8 for instance that are as quiet and also wouldn't require any extra work sorting the bushing out for mounting. If you like the lightweight option, for instance if you're mainly on foot (and if you're impatient like me) then it might be the way to go.

Just a thought.

hi there stokie cant say i have heard of that one, will have to look into that ,you say itis stripable does that mean the t8 does not stip down?you say its half the size,is this because its not a over barrel type?have you done a head to head test against a t8? as you say it is a lot quieter all be it your opinion.thanks for the input

hi there stokie cant say i have heard of that one, will have to look into that ,you say itis stripable does that mean the t8 does not stip down?you say its half the size,is this because its not a over barrel type?have you done a head to head test against a t8? as you say it is a lot quieter all be it your opinion.thanks for the input

Mate has got t8 on his and yes we both agree mine is much quieter and no they aren't strippable. The thirdeye is over barrel and adds about 70mm in length

Edited by stokie

You will get as many answers as there are moderators. :yes: :yes:

There is a strong argument that the T8 is the benchmark but life doesn't stand still, and whatever happened to the Stainless T8, is that out there or has it died?

For OVERALL performance, sound reduction, price, size, weight, flexibility, stripability, etc., then personally I think the Predator 8 COMPACT wins hands down on a .243.

There are a couple of slightly cheaper mods, there are a couple of slightly lighter mods and there are a couple of SLIGHTLY better sound reduction mods, but there are plenty of much more expensive and less flexible or well made mods! :good:

But then again, I run the P8 Compact on all my centrefires! :yes::good: