cabinet installation

jamiedenny

hi all,

back after the great house move of 2012 and ready to start shooting again. i am having my inspection by my new fao and i have begun to question the way i have installed the cabinet. due to a high and much prized skirting board the cabinet is wall mounted (exterior wall) but is off the ground by about 3 inches.

i have tried to search for the answer but no luck so if anyone can let me know if this is widly stupid and i should re-consider that would be great.

cheers ears

I went overboard! I have cut a section of the skirting away and mounted the cabinet in the corner. Bolted 4 in the back 4 in the side and 2 in the floor.

Second cabinet is inside a big metal locker and bolted straight through the back into the wall and bolted with coach bolts through the bottom.

My feo (northumbria) wanted mine boxed in at the bottom with something strong, fence post or brick.

didnt pass it till this was done and re-inspected.

crikey, my feo (also northumbria) she had no issue with mine, bolted to wall inside a sliding wardrobe on top of skirting board

I hope no-one minds me jumping on the back of this, but I just moved and installed my cabinet. About to contact my feo to let him know (first thing tomorrow). Only trouble I have is its a rental property so I can't mess it about. I've asked permission of course, but trouble is all my exterior walls are old and wobbly. I've done my best, installed it in a fitted wardrobe and it's gone in solid, but there's some gaps behind due to the wobbly wall. Do we think this is ok?

I hope no-one minds me jumping on the back of this, but I just moved and installed my cabinet. About to contact my feo to let him know (first thing tomorrow). Only trouble I have is its a rental property so I can't mess it about. I've asked permission of course, but trouble is all my exterior walls are old and wobbly. I've done my best, installed it in a fitted wardrobe and it's gone in solid, but there's some gaps behind due to the wobbly wall. Do we think this is ok?

Down to the individual I guess, but:

My cabinet was flush most of the way round but with a 5mm gap in places due to the walls. I fitted washers behind any bolt holes that were not flush and then ran a bead of decorators caulk all the way round. FEO even commented on how neat it was installed :)

If it looks right, it probably is