Pump Club

thepasty

Sadly I'll be leaving the pump club soon :( I have a damaged left shoulder and am finding it too painful. I've already put my Super Nova up for sale (with no offers!) and next will be my classic Wingmaster Deluxe :(

On the good side I've bought a Benelli M3 Super 90 so can still have a pump if I fancy it!.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have had a ad in the Wanted section on here for about a week for some bits for a Mossberg 500 12 gauge but have not had a response so thought I would try here.

I need a 7 3/4 inch action slide tube for a 12 gauge Mossberg 500 can anyone help?????

Thanks for all replies.

Thanks for reply throdgrain. Midway is an option but thier price for a action slide tube is well on the way to the price of another gun, so not a great option. I have always considered Midway expensive which is probably why they seem to have the only UK stock of the bit I need. Emailed Mossberg again today but don't expect to get a result. I will hold out a bit longer but am considering ditching the Mossberg and getting a semi auto.

Have you tried Saddlery & Gunroom and York guns for the action slide?

Failing that there is always Midway and Brownells as mentioned.

You could always try ebay.com as opposed to co.uk and ask any sellers if they would post to the uk?

These guys also post to the UK with no issues.

http://www.havlinsales.com

email Cheryl who is very helpful: cheryl@havlinsales.com

Mark

Thanks for reply Mark. Have tried most of what you suggest.

Saddlery & Gunroom are trying to get one for me, but they have serveral on back order for themselves.

I have contacted Brownells and been waiting over a week for them to confirm they will ship to UK.

Cheryl at Havlinsales has advised they cannot ship to UK.

Mossberg US have not replied to my emails. Cheryl at Havlinsales has confirmed I have the right contact at Mossberg.

Have contacted sellers on Ebay.com and to date none will ship to UK... something to do with ebay rules on gun parts.

I will try York Guns, however you will see from above I'm rapidly getting to the point where I ditch the Mossberg and buy something with support and at the moment that means nothing American....a pity but the support is just not there.

Brownells are slow, but they should get back to you. Anything under $100 should not be not problem. But shipping is expensive & will properly put it inline with Midway.

I didn't realise Havlinsales stopped shopping over here now.

Is you action slide broken or want to fit a different forend?

If that later, have you thought about this?

http://www.midwayuk.com/epages/Midway_UK.mobile/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Midway_UK/Products/643889&Locale=en_GB

Thanks again Mark. This is my first dealings with Brownells so I guess the delay is just normal however just been on thier website and the item is now shown as out of stock, so I'm not expecting anything for them soon. For previous purchases in the US I estimate Brownells price including shipping and tax will be half the midwayuk price.

My action slide tube is cracked at the casting. Its already been welded there once by previous owner hence no where to go with it except replacement. I have considered the Hogue extended nut and a 6 5/8 inch slide tube but at the moment cannot get a 6 5/8 tube either...except from midwayuk. Good news is the short tube is only about £40 on midway the long tube is almost £90...at these prices I just don't want to give midway any business but I may have to. The long tube, if in stock, would be £25 from other UK suppliers.

The reason for all this is I started a project to build a shotgun for entry level practical shotgun from an old 500 model.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a ad in the Wanted section on here for about a week for some bits for a Mossberg 500 12 gauge but have not had a response so thought I would try here.

I need a 7 3/4 inch action slide tube for a 12 gauge Mossberg 500 can anyone help? ????

Thanks for all replies.

Following more emails to Saddlery & Gunroom and also to Mossberg, US I recieved my action slide today complete with forend and nut. So that's me back in action. Thanks for all advice.

Oh good!

Now I've got a question for you pumpers, the new gun I bought is a 12 gauge, 2 3/4" chamber with 30" barrel and full choke, not ideal for decoying/hide shooting I imagine but it was £150 and is in really great nick.

I haven't used it yet but if I find it hits them too hard due to the choke then I could get it reamed out to 1/2 choke I guess.

Alternatively would a reduction in shot size result in less damage to the pigeon?

Or am I best trying to keep the range out to 35-40yds?

Cheers.

i was hoping this thread was still alive and well, hoping to sort out a pump as soon as funds allow as buying my maxus dented my funds a tad !! but would a cheapy revo or similar get me admited into the club :)

the only requirement for pump club is to have a pump gun in any shape or form ;)

Today , I bought a Hatsan pump shotgun , in mossy oak 12 g. I traded in my SBS 410 Baikal , and took the plunge.

Now I dont know what the general consensus is on the Hatstand , but it seems to cycle 21g and 32g alike.

I had a Winchester SXP a while ago which I couldn't get on with, it just didn't fit . But this feels OK and comes up to the

eye nicely.

I have not looked through this thread , as computers screens seem to send me to sleep.But Hey, I'm a member now hopefully. :good: