Pump Club

thepasty

I've never had a Remington 870 but like the look of the express.

You would - in my opinion, at least - be better off looking for a Remington 870 Wingmaster made, say, in the 1970s.

I doubt that having bought a good one, you'd every want to sell it...

Regards,

Mark.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i recently joined the pump club but kept it a bit quiet as i bought a cheapy revo :blush:

wanted a mossy or rem but couldnt find 1 local enough (that i could afford :blush: ) so bought a new tac revo and tbh its been great !!! only fired about 500 carts so far but im well pleased with it :good:

no need for the embarrassed faces, theres no brand snobbery in Pump Club, all are equally welcome!

I think you're the first Revo member so keep us informed on how you get on with it and how it holds up.

wahey!

joined the pump club yesterday!

i am now the proud owner of a SXP black shadow. bought as a back up gun for when the 1301 decides its not going to play ball again.

anyone know where i can get the proper spacers for adjusting the LOP?

woohoo.... welcome to pump club and all things pumpy!

I just might try !

cheers

Gary

I wouldnt disregard the express, my brother has one, got it almost new for £240 and its a belter of a gun. I spent an hour or so polishing/smoothing the action and its super silky smooth (wasnt bad to start with to be fair), so much so that you're barely aware that you've cycled for the next round.

I shoot it a lot and love it, the only downside I've found is that the synthetic furniture sucks the heat out of your hands when its cold.

no need for the embarrassed faces, theres no brand snobbery in Pump Club, all are equally welcome!

I think you're the first Revo member so keep us informed on how you get on with it and how it holds up.

:good::)

Sorry, beat u too it.

Got mine from Graham at ACP last Jan...

Lovely little thing for the money but the tatical stock dont half give a bash esp with slugs........

Sorry, beat u too it.

Got mine from Graham at ACP last Jan...

Lovely little thing for the money but the tatical stock dont half give a bash esp with slugs........

ohh thank god for that - i couldnt stand the pressure of being the 1st :lol::lol:

i have no complaints about mine, aint tried slugs (sgc only) but load for load i dont think it kicks any worse than my maxus,

infact when the mrs tried it she reckoned it was 'as kind' - her words :lol: , as her 20g in terms of recoil, where as she wont fire the maxus again as it gives her 'a browning bruise' - again, her words,

:good:

Nice,

My Maxus fits perfect and I dont notice any recoil whereas the Revo I do? Bizarre......

Suppose the fact that last time I shot the Revo it was only a fee months after I bust my Clavicle is six places and subsequently discovered thst I had a 2cm tear in the Rotator cuff too.

Just had that finally fixed so enjoying some garden time :-)

Careful now, fun + guns not allowed, grin + guns not allowed. What you have to say is, "of course I dont like guns or shooting, it is just a job". mmm? who does that sound like? anyone?

Hm!, maybe it's concussion, i am dazed and muttering to myself when i come off a stand :whistling:

Many thanks but same here,which is why I asked, in case someone had found something.

I have had a look at that stock before, sadly it goes the wrong way (higher stock to cheek).

My current gun (Beretta) adjusted to fit has a cast off that is 10mm more at the shoulder than standard and 12mm more drop at heel. (alright I know I am an odd shape :yes: :lol: ) so I will need to shim to get this as odd the shelf the SXP is almost straight. Still I will keep trying.

i stopped in at the sportsmans gun centre in exeter on monday while on my way back to cornwall, and was enquiring about the sxp.

according to their salesman, when buying a new sxp it should come with adjsutment shims.

might be worth you giving them a bell and asking if they can supply you one.

their number is: 01392 354854

• 2 weeks later...

It's your fault you made me do it. :rolleyes:.

Got this yesterday, 870 Express Had very little use, only got cabinet marks, still got the factory grease all over, Going to strip it down, clean it and polish some of the moving bits, it's a bit tight. Woodwork is not all that , but its fit for purpose, may just spray it black.

Right hand gun in pic is a CBC Mod 586 which i have shown before and after some fiddling with the moving parts is now smooth.

DSC08092_zpsc6c2f61d.jpg

It's your fault you made me do it. :rolleyes:.

Got this yesterday, 870 Express Had very little use, only got cabinet marks, still got the factory grease all over, Going to strip it down, clean it and polish some of the moving bits, it's a bit tight. Woodwork is not all that , but its fit for purpose, may just spray it black.

Right hand gun in pic is a CBC Mod 586 which i have shown before and after some fiddling with the moving parts is now smooth.

DSC08092_zpsc6c2f61d.jpg

My Dad shot a CBC 812 for decades. I then shot it for a couple more. Very sturdy guns. Some are marked Remington and cost a lot more...

As for new 870 Expresses v Wingmaster debate; if you have heard of a miracle substance called oil, the Express is a damn fine gun. My 1992 870 Express 20g was good as new but twice as slick, I sold it a couple of months back.

I get my Mossy un-castrated on Monday. Will be the 2nd time it has been properly stripped since purchase two years ago. May even clean it a bit.

I have had the CBC for 15 years, not shot it that much due to a back problem and fillings falling out, :/ But my brother has used it with no problems, knocking pigeons down with ease.

I dismantled the 870 last night and cleaned out all of the factory oil / grease and re oiled all the moving bits, put it back together and dry fired and cycled no problem "Not that i expected any problems". Will get my brother to give it a go. Very pleased with it, i believe it was made in 98.